Community
Wiki Posts
Search

passport renewal question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2011, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

passport renewal question

sooooo i sent in my passport renewal about 10 days ago and checked my application online and it says it is being processed.....ummmm hello when i applied for my passport ten years ago i had it at my door in ten days...i expedited my renewal and im waiting still.....i mean they already have all the documents from the original application ....how long has somebody waited for a renewed passport? and when they say being processed do they mean its about to be mailed out or should i brace myself for a long wait...?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: OnePass
I think I got mine last year in 2-3 weeks. I ordered both the book and the card and they arrived separately within a day of each other.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, United
Originally Posted by tiana
sooooo i sent in my passport renewal about 10 days ago and checked my application online and it says it is being processed.....ummmm hello when i applied for my passport ten years ago i had it at my door in ten days...i expedited my renewal and im waiting still.....i mean they already have all the documents from the original application ....how long has somebody waited for a renewed passport? and when they say being processed do they mean its about to be mailed out or should i brace myself for a long wait...?
It took three weeks to receive my new passport, and four weeks for my old passport to be returned. I've not heard anything significantly different from friends and family who have renewed lately.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

so i guess the expedited service is not that much different from regular service
i guess i will just have to wait.......thanks for the info! i ordered the passport book and card
Old Aug 24, 2011, 3:22 pm

Just wait 'till all the gov spending cuts take place. wj
Old Aug 24, 2011, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

good grief!

i wonder why 3 weeks i mean i long des it take to look at the old passport and print a new one......
Old Aug 24, 2011, 4:12 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
good grief!

i wonder why 3 weeks i mean i long des it take to look at the old passport and print a new one......
The summer (not yet ended) is a busy season for travel, and they probably have lots of pps to process--I also guess many of their employees are also on vacation. Before they ran into big backlogs (partly improper staffing), in the off season they could be super fast. About 15 years ago I was renewing a pp, I mailed it on a Saturday and received the processed pp on Thursday (NO expedited service was requested), but this was done in February.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
sooooo i sent in my passport renewal about 10 days ago and checked my application online and it says it is being processed.....ummmm hello when i applied for my passport ten years ago i had it at my door in ten days..
Did you go for expedited processing?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

yes i paid 60$ extra plus 12.72 for overnight shipping back to my house......urgh i was thinking august would of been good but now that i think about it , i asked for my first one ten years ago in november.....so i guess your right august is back logged or something.......i bet the employees at the passport office are so over seeing passports pile up all the time
Old Aug 24, 2011, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
You should probably have it in a few days, I think it took 10-14 days for me to receive mine expedited.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

ok now i feel a bit better .....i know they told me i would probably get 3 different packages one for my pp ,one for my pp card,another for my old passport......
Old Aug 24, 2011, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Last renewal, expedited, I had mine in my hands before the site was updated.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 6:13 pm

My experience was: 2 weeks for expedited, 4 weeks for regular.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

ok two weeks is good.......and lol at the comment about receiving your passport before the site was updated!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:16 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
From the page about current processing times

EXPEDITED SERVICE

As of ( Thursday August 25, 2011 ), we are processing requests for expedited service in about 2-3 weeks door-to-door, when overnight delivery is requested and paid for both ways (to and from the passport agency).

I wouldn't even worry about it until three weeks have passed, so you ain't even half way there yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.