The Name Game has made it to Lubbock

Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The Name Game has made it to Lubbock

Just wanted to let you all know.

My response: "Oh the name game has finally made it to Lubbock?"

Gosh these people really do believe they are making a difference.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by TXagogo
Just wanted to let you all know.

My response: "Oh the name game has finally made it to Lubbock?"

As the song says: "I thought happiness was Lubbock, Texas in my rear-view mirror."

It's all part of "Mission Creep"
Old Aug 18, 2011, 8:16 pm

so it finally made it to my home airport.

In all honesty I don't care about the name game as much as whether or not the airport has WBI machines.

Name game is stupid and pointless, kinda like them asking if you packed your own bags in 2002, but other than waste your time and tax payer money there isn't any harm it does.

Being radiated and be virtually stripped by a machine and then having your genitals touched by a TSO is a whole nother story.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
No name game @ PWM on Wednesday.. The only silliness was the TDC trying to get me to show a DL when I presented my NEXUS card.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 5:29 am

Programs: Platinum-CO-DL-Priority Club WN A-list Diomond-Hilton-BW Gold-Choice Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by TXagogo
I say - So what?. We can all agree that if one of them fell down, they couldn't find the floor, but the question game is the least of our worries.

I give them my BP & ID and Before thay say a word, I state my last name / comma / first name / middle initial, then my destination airport. Usually they're dumbfounded, and I go on my way.

Last Monday, after my info statement at IAH, the guy asks if it's business or pleasure. I told him it's Confidential. Nothing else said and I'm on my way. I'm willing to give them information that is on my BP & ID and nothing further. We have bigger things to worry about.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Houston.Business
Last Monday, after my info statement at IAH, the guy asks if it's business or pleasure. I told him it's Confidential. Nothing else said and I'm on my way. I'm willing to give them information that is on my BP & ID and nothing further. We have bigger things to worry about.
You may, or may not, have been extraordinarily fortunate. We've heard reports here of any number of passengers who get hassled when they decline to answer the question(s) of a TSO --- even if they aren't strictly required by TSA regulations.

Unfortunately, it's not clear exactly what an ordinary passenger's rights and responsibilities are in a screening scenario. [Insert typical rant here ...]
Old Aug 19, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
and Dallas
DAL
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:55 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by billycorgan
Name game is stupid and pointless, kinda like them asking if you packed your own bags in 2002, but other than waste your time and tax payer money there isn't any harm it does.
And they still continue that idiocy to this day in many countries as part of the screening of US-bound pax.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Has anyone tried singing their name in the "Name Game" tune format when responding to these questions?

Susie susie bo busie
banana fanana fo fusie
Fi fy mo musie, susie!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.