Search

NoS and PHL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass
NoS and PHL

Hey all...

Going to be flying RDU-PHL this weekend. Since I'm not paying for this trip, I'm sucking up the airport part instead of flying (relocation budgets FTW)

I know, unforunately, what to expect out of RDU. I've read PHL's listing, and find it confusing.

Will I find NoS? I'm flying US, which I believe is Terminal B. If there are NoS, can I get around them?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:15 am

PHL has MMW units at A-international, B, C, and F. D & E are clear, for now.

As for how many there are, B & C checkpoints each have one MMW, not sure about the other two. A colleague of mine departed from terminal B the other day and he found it easy to SDOO.

I'm sorry you need to depart from RDU, tsastatus.net shows it to be one of the worst; all red.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
@ RDU, US flies out of Terminal B, which is infested with Nude-O-Scopes. If all lanes are open, the one or two on the far left are WTMD only. When these are open, it should be an easy SDOO.

During times when the NoS lanes are open, I've found it easy to time my unpacking, so I can use the WTMD.. Don't go too fast, and allow for one or two people to get in line for the NoS.. Then you can make your move ^
Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:31 am
Original Poster

@Friendly: Oh I know how RDU works, unfortunately. It's my home airport.

I had heard that at PHL you could reach any gate from any terminal...is that true?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:32 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by mikemey
Hey all...

Going to be flying RDU-PHL this weekend. Since I'm not paying for this trip, I'm sucking up the airport part instead of flying (relocation budgets FTW)

I know, unforunately, what to expect out of RDU. I've read PHL's listing, and find it confusing.

Will I find NoS? I'm flying US, which I believe is Terminal B. If there are NoS, can I get around them?

Thanks in advance!
I haven't had good luck being able to SDOO @ B or C lately. If the separate elite checkpoint @ C is open it's WTMD only but I've just taken to entering through D/E and walking airside back down to B or C. It's not too far out of the way but a shame to have to even do it.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium

I had heard that at PHL you could reach any gate from any terminal...is that true?

Little bit of a brain fart there.

The info can be used for other people going through RDU...
Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

Little bit of a brain fart there.

The info can be used for other people going through RDU...
I'll send you an extra cup of coffee.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection

if you like walking miles!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
You can walk from A-E in PHL inside security. In order to get to F, you should take the shuttles. If you do decide to walk to F inside security, you would get forced landside and then have to reclear.

PHL is pretty well explained in this link... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...a-airport.html

As steve65431 says, if you are in the elite lane in C, you will generally be guided to the WTMD.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Lucky for me that I didn't leave from secure area. I stay inside the entire concourse. I turnaround back home RDU-MSP-PHX. I don't see the bodyscanners upstairs at TSA checkpoint. I won't go near at TSA checkpoint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.