Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Has DHS done away with the rule about crossing cabins on US-bound int'l flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has DHS done away with the rule about crossing cabins on US-bound int'l flights?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:27 pm

The flight attendant on my AS flight actually believed it was US Law. When I questioned him as to whether he had actually seen the rule in writing he said yes it was in the manual (I know this is different from a legal statute but it was his response). I asked if he had a copy of the manual and he said the pilot did but that he was refusing to let me see it.

Later he came back with a copy of the inflight magazine trying to prove it was US Law but when I pointed out that the text only said that passengers had to use the lavatory in their own cabin but nothing about who's rule this was he got hissy and said I should take it up with management.

It's not clear if the crews are being officially trained that the rule is US Law or if someone is just making this up on their own authority but it does seem to be making the rounds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.