Additional Security Just Prior to Boarding

Old May 8, 2014, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Additional Security Just Prior to Boarding

I'm flying out of Lima tonight and was thinking about buying some Pisco with some of the extra soles I've got. Does anyone know if Lima re-inspects your bags just prior to boarding a LIM-USA flight?

For that matter, why does any airport do this? I have occasionally decided to buy some liquids behind security (at a ridiculous price!) and then I can't even bring them on the plane. If passengers have already gone through security, what do they think we're going to buy post-security. There's no explosives-are-us stores at any airport I've ever been to
Old May 8, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: US Chairman, M&M FTL
Originally Posted by catbox9

For that matter, why does any airport do this?
Vienna (a lot of the gates anyway) does it because the airport is not built for the new reality - so they stick the baggage check in front of the gates.

Same for any (or any I had ever taken) US-bound flight out from FRA and MUC for example. When one travels to the States, the aiports are supposed to have stricter rules than for non-US bound flights. So instead of securing the whole airport to the stricter rules and getting the whole security process even longer, they simply stick the second check for the US-bound flights only gates.
Old May 8, 2014, 4:29 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the discussion as the thread moves to the apt travel security forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.