Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would You Fly On a Plane With NO Security?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2011, 7:40 pm

What we have now is a travesty that is worse than "no security". I like the GA approach.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 7:41 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
I would and we have. I suppose we ALL would and we ALL have. No one is doing security checks when you hop on a private jet. My husband considers himself to be a very cautious person but he hopped on the (name of business redacted) jet and enjoyed himself muchly.

Terrorists aren't looking to take down the small private planes carrying unsympathetic billionaires and their contractors. They're looking to take down the big planes to terrorize the masses...
Old Feb 1, 2011, 7:22 am

Programs: Sky Miles, Star Alliance, Marriott
If a privately-run airline wants to conduct its own (ie, not government-mandated and enforced) security measures, I support that. Let the market decide how much security is enough, by seeing which airlines people patronize.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 7:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by nd2010
Greyhound buses have no security (even though they claim to have it). As far as I know, only one incident happened in the past decade, in which someone beheaded a fellow passenger. The bus drivers leave the engine running when they leave the bus, yet they've never been hijacked.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...020402394.html

Oops.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.