SCL (Santiago, Chile) Airport Security

Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:29 am
Original Poster

SCL (Santiago, Chile) Airport Security

Hi all,

First time poster, long team reader here. Just wondering if someone could help me out. I'll be heading from SCL to Canada sometime next month and was wondering if airport security requires the removal of shoes? I'm asking as I would rather wear shoes that are easy to remove if required.

Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:35 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

SCL does not participate in the shoe carnival unless you are chosen to be so harassed at the gate on a flight to the USA on a US carrier.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
However, some US airlines have hired third-party security contractors at SCL to conduct baggage inspections at the gate to check for compliance with the liquid/gel/aerosol restrictions. It used to be 100% checks on all bags, at least when departing on AA. Not sure if it is still 100% or whether it is sporadic.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Perfect . Thank you for the information!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.