Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Major network TV series dramatizes 'patdown' on rape victim

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2011, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR

I know this has been posted somewhere, but a search for the name of the series ("Dexter") yielded no results. Apparently this was broadcast in late November.

Get a load of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SjWz...layer_embedded

Supposedly the character pictured is a rape victim.

Each little wave like this, IMO, is showing that the tide is starting to turn.

I'm tempted to get hold of info on this show's producers and write them a thank-you.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 12:56 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Which is pretty funny given that one of the stars of the show has said

"The TSA employees are doing their job,” she told Pop Tarts. “I'd rather be felt up then have somebody get on a plane with a bomb....

If you want to feel me up, feel me up. I would hate to be on a plane where they didn't catch the guy when he was going through security."

Old Jan 7, 2011, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Oh yeah? Do we know the name of said dim-bulb?

I always wonder, when told "I support anything to keep us safe"...Where does it stop? Internment camps? The government is currently touching intimately and taking nude photographs of underage children on machines capable of saving the images. How is that remotely acceptable?

What if the TSA killed a homeless person for every air passenger, after having mounted a big campaign to convince everybody the homeless were a "risk to their safety"?

It's frightening.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 1:07 pm

Yeah, the character was a victim of brutal rape and confinement by multiple men over a period of many days.

I can see where the character would have problems with being touched and not having control of being touched.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 3:20 pm

That wasn't even graphic enough. The agent was patting, when the reality is more of a stroking/sliding. I didn't see a groin check, or a between and around breast slide. I didn't see the 3-4 butt strokes. Its excellent to see them reacting so quickly, but odd that they seem to be holding back. People might get the impression that "pat down" is an appropriate description.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.