Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Another first-hand account of the new patdowns...

Another first-hand account of the new patdowns...

Old Nov 4, 2010, 7:51 pm

Pat-Down Idiocy

http://www.salon.com/technology/ask_...int/index.html

Last edited by essxjay; Nov 4, 2010 at 8:35 pm Reason: full length copyrighted articles are not permitted
Old Nov 5, 2010, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My favorite quote from the article:

Somebody, somewhere, needs to shake us from this stupor of blind policy and blind obedience. I'm beginning to wonder if this isn't some test -- a test of just how stupid Americans are.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:53 am

Wow

http://www.infowars.com/tsa-fondles-...body-scanners/

Woman who works for Alex Jones describes a "pat down" that was quite invasive. What's interesting is that it was a MALE TSA doing this genital groping on the woman giving the narrative (Michelle). After he was done with her, he tried to pat down her two girls (2 and 8) and Michelle demanded a female TSA for their children.

"I said, 'I opt out," and they pulled us off to the side and they start at your ankle, and they worked their way up with hands on both sides of your legs, and they get to your private area and they feel your private area and worked their way down to the other leg and it was not the back of hand, it was palm. It was a male officer that patted me down. I would not allow a male to pat down my children."

"Next, they grabbed my breasts from up top and felt around - the whole breasts - in a complete circle and it was totally uncomfortable."

"The gentleman that did that to me, he was moving onto my daughter, and I was not going to allow a male to pat down my children. They're children. It was horrible."
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:58 am

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Why not simple have everyone file sexual assault charges against the officers? When children are involved file charges of sexual molestation against a child. Do it automatically for every offense. Not only file them with the IG's office, but with the local police.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by RosemaryT

Woman who works for Alex Jones describes a "pat down" that was quite invasive. What's interesting is that it was a MALE TSA doing this genital groping on the woman giving the narrative (Michelle). After he was done with her, he tried to pat down her two girls (2 and 8) and Michelle demanded a female TSA for their children.
This is chocking that they would do that.
I thought males was not allowed to do that to females.
It is not going to be done to me.
I would scream on the top of my lungs if they do that. Specially if a strange man does it.
This is sick.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:58 am

First of all, I simply do not understand why ANY woman would allow a male screener to pat her down!! What is wrong with these people?? Opt out of the NOS and then let a man run his hands all over your body?! I don't think so!

I have been complaining in writing for several years now about invasive pat-downs (with back of the hand) but have yet to experience the "new and improved" more invasive pat-down. When I do (and I will because I cannot lift both arms for the NOS), it will be a female patting me down and I will be protesting very loudly. The security imposed for air travel has become utterly ridiculous and I am sick to death of the government taking my rights away.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 12:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Can somebody post the URL of our security forum in the comments of that Patrick Smith column? I just tried, but my Salon login appears to be fried.

(Just thinking those folks might be interested in what's going on over here, to judge from the Comments section)
Old Nov 5, 2010, 1:21 pm

Programs: EB*G, UA ex1K
Originally Posted by Jetbee
First of all, I simply do not understand why ANY woman would allow a male screener to pat her down!! What is wrong with these people?? Opt out of the NOS and then let a man run his hands all over your body?! I don't think so!
I expect that she "allowed" it because she was an infrequent traveler, flying (apparently alone) with her two young children and intimidated by a man who was practiced at taking advantage of his position to intimidate and abuse women...

if she hadn't known of TSA issues and was too shocked to react immediately and effectively...

If she were accustomed to trust and obey "the police " and it was hard to quickly reverse that instinct ...

if she were distracted by shepherding two young kids through the airport and was sort of in 'yeah whatever' mode until she realized what was happening...

if her personality and/or background were such that she was susceptible to intimidation, especially in a situation where she didn't expect it

if the people around her acted as if it was totally OK...

if she were threatened -- what would you do if someone implied that you could be arrested for "making trouble" and your kids taken by CFS?
Old Nov 5, 2010, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by tanja
This is chocking that they would do that.
I thought males was not allowed to do that to females.
It is not going to be done to me.
I would scream on the top of my lungs if they do that. Specially if a strange man does it.
This is sick.
Wow, you folks are really gullible. When have you ever seen a male TSO pat down a female pax? This jerk stated that he witnessed a male TSO touch the private parts of a female child. He didnt report it right then? Would any of you honestly not report this if you witnessed it and especially if you are some hot shot reporter such as this guy. Wake up.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tsadude1
Wow, you folks are really gullible. When have you ever seen a male TSO pat down a female pax? This jerk stated that he witnessed a male TSO touch the private parts of a female child. He didnt report it right then? Would any of you honestly not report this if you witnessed it and especially if you are some hot shot reporter such as this guy. Wake up.
Sorry, but TSA being accused of anything is believable.

You guys had to work hard for the rep you have!
Old Nov 5, 2010, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
If you have woken up yourself (per your own advice above), can you tell anyone when did he say that he witnessed a male TSO touch the private parts of a female child?

What makes you think he is some "hot shot reporter"? I was awake enough to realize that he's obviously not a "hot shot reporter" raking in mucho moolah.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat., 1.52 MM
http://tinyurl.com/27alkaf
Old Nov 5, 2010, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Sorry, fella, TSA has never guaranteed same-sex pat downs. Although the protocol has changed a bit since the last time I visited the TSA propaganda page (no, not the blog), this is what they write about screening for the disabled:

# TSA will make every effort to have two Security Officers of the same gender as the passenger being screened present during the private screening.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
If you have woken up yourself (per your own advice above), can you tell anyone when did he say that he witnessed a male TSO touch the private parts of a female child?

Start @ 3:35

What makes you think he is some "hot shot reporter"? I was awake enough to realize that he's obviously not a "hot shot reporter" raking in mucho moolah.[/QUOTE]

Google Alex Jones and then add the word "hoax"
Old Nov 5, 2010, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by doober
Sorry, fella, TSA has never guaranteed same-sex pat downs. Although the protocol has changed a bit since the last time I visited the TSA propaganda page (no, not the blog), this is what they write about screening for the disabled:

"TSA will make every effort to have two Security Officers of the same gender as the passenger being screened present during the private screening"
Please read what you quoted, especially the part that I bolded. Where does that say that the person doing the pat-down won't be of the same gender?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.