Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Another first-hand account of the new patdowns...

Another first-hand account of the new patdowns...

Old Nov 5, 2010, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RichardKenner
Please read what you quoted, especially the part that I bolded. Where does that say that the person doing the pat-down won't be of the same gender?
Does this satisfy you?

Except in extraordinary circumstances, a screener of your gender will conduct your additional screening.
No guarantee that both will be of the same sex as the person being screened:

TSA will make every effort to have two Security Officers of the same gender as the passenger being screened present during the private screening
Old Nov 5, 2010, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by doober
Does this satisfy you?

Nor does it say that you have to consent to that search.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by doober
Does this satisfy you?

TSA goes to great lengths to provide a TSO of the same gender. At some airports, the smallest CAT IV's, where there are only 3 TSO's on duty at any one time, it may not be possible.

Nothing in life is guaranteed. Nothing.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by TSORon
TSA goes to great lengths to provide a TSO of the same gender. At some airports, the smallest CAT IV's, where there are only 3 TSO's on duty at any one time, it may not be possible.

No doubt, and the word from female screeners is they really don't like this new part of the job. How many will go out the revolving door of employment? Oh, and that's not even counting the new "Alarm Resolution Pat Down".
Old Nov 5, 2010, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tsadude1
Nor does it say that you have to consent to that search.
Well, that's certainly disingenuous.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by N965VJ
No doubt, and the word from female screeners is they really don't like this new part of the job. How many will go out the revolving door of employment? Oh, and that's not even counting the new "Alarm Resolution Pat Down".
I have heard some grumbles about it, but very few. Most seem to take it as just another change to procedure, procedure that is always changing. Just another part of the job. Nation wide I think we will find that far less than 1% of the screeners will leave over this.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 5:47 pm

Wow, you folks are really gullible. When have you ever seen a male TSO pat down a female pax? This jerk stated that he witnessed a male TSO touch the private parts of a female child. He didnt report it right then? Would any of you honestly not report this if you witnessed it and especially if you are some hot shot reporter such as this guy. Wake up.
I am not gullible at all. I have travelled between Sweden and USA for the last 18 years. And before that since the 1960.

Yes I would SPEAK UP. But I am also not afraid to do that.
Do you have kind of clue how afraid people are to speak up?
All the threats that if you question a TSO you might not get on the plane. They will call for a police officer. All for security.

And for your infomation it was a woman who worked for him and her two small kids.
This reporter was not there.

And yes I have seen the abuse a lot of TSO does to p[eople. The films are all over internet. So it is just not words
Old Nov 5, 2010, 5:50 pm
Suspended

I have heard some grumbles about it, but very few. Most seem to take it as just another change to procedure, procedure that is always changing. Just another part of the job. Nation wide I think we will find that far less than 1% of the screeners will leave over this.
So you think 99% of clerks enjoy fondling strangers' genitals as part of their employment? Why do you think TSA attracts such individuals?
Old Nov 5, 2010, 5:52 pm

As a female I would not accept a male TSA touching me any where on my body.
I consider that rape.

And then it shouldnt just be done. Period.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by JSmith1969
So you think 99% of clerks enjoy fondling strangers' genitals as part of their employment? Why do you think TSA attracts such individuals?
What makes you believe that such things are happening at TSA checkpoints there J? Has it happened to you? Do you have a credible source that is telling you this? Or are you just going along with the crowd and condemning a procedure that you and the others honestly know nothing about? How… pedestrian.

Originally Posted by tanja
As a female I would not accept a male TSA touching me any where on my body.
I consider that rape.

And then it shouldnt just be done. Period.
You always have the option to walk away. Life is made up of choices, make the ones that you are comfortable with.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you have a credible source that is telling you this?
A quick searched revealed TSO agents in Orlando and Boston have been arrested on sex charges.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
What makes you believe that such things are happening at TSA checkpoints there J?
So the following is not happening?

Here's the dealeo, if you alarm the WTMD for whatever reason, hip or knee replacement ie, and you are unable to divest enuff metal to clear with any further passes, you are now a recipient for a SPD.

We will pat down every inch of your bod and when we get to your mid section we will sliiiide a hand up your inner thigh til we "meet resistance" Exact wording.

Then, we swab our gloved hands and if they alarm, you then receive an "Alarm Resolution pat-down".

This is done by a Lead or a Sup. and is always done in a private screening area.
The only difference with this one is that when he/she gets to your "groin" area he/she is now going to turn his/her lil hands around and pass them over your "groin" area with the front of his/her hands 6 times. 3 across & 3 going down and then swab his/her hands again.

If they alarm again, well it gets a little gray after that.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 6:50 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.

Google Alex Jones and then add the word "hoax"
Google TSA and then add the word "joke"
Old Nov 5, 2010, 7:06 pm

You always have the option to walk away. Life is made up of choices, make the ones that you are comfortable with.
I thought once the screening process started passengers did not have the option of walking away before screening is completed? Has this changed?
Old Nov 5, 2010, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by deldel
I thought once the screening process started passengers did not have the option of walking away before screening is completed? Has this changed?
No... you have the right to walk away at any time.

Until you don't.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.