Wiki Posts
Search

Halloween Mask in Carry on

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2010, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, United Silver, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Question Halloween Mask in Carry on

I'm flying F9 from DEN to LAX on October 29th for a friend's halloween party. Does anyone have any idea if a Shrek mask in my carry on will cause an issue going through security? Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:00 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
This will not be allowed in your carry-on luggage, out of An Abundance of Caution (R).

If you try and take it through, the TSA gropers and robbers will confiscate it. TSA employees need Halloween costumes, too.

However, feel free to wear it as a hat through the security checkpoint. That will be fine, as there are no restrictions on hats.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:28 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
It will not be a problem.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Wilbur
However, feel free to wear it as a hat through the security checkpoint. That will be fine, as there are no restrictions on hats.
Do this! and make sure there is video.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond
I cannot imagine it to be a problem as long as you don't wear the mask through security.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by deadpass
Do this! and make sure there is video.
A guy I worked with several years ago showed up to work in a gorilla suit on Halloween at a heavily secured federal institution. He had his badge on, badged in, and went on. Everyone had a great laugh.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 9:14 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by cparekh
I cannot imagine it to be a problem as long as you don't wear the mask through security.
Well to be fair, you can wear it through security, but you should get your ID redone so it matches.

Bet that will freak them out.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:08 am

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by Superguy
A guy I worked with several years ago showed up to work in a gorilla suit on Halloween at a heavily secured federal institution. He had his badge on, badged in, and went on. Everyone had a great laugh.
Try that at an airport checkpoint and you might get mistaken for, well, you know... Especially if you wear a shiny tin badge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.