FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   How many TSO's, LTSO'S, STSO'S, Leo's, BDO's etc. are on this forum? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/1135849-how-many-tsos-ltsos-stsos-leos-bdos-etc-forum.html)

JoiseyGirl Oct 12, 2010 8:26 am

How many TSO's, LTSO'S, STSO'S, Leo's, BDO's etc. are on this forum?

I would like to know how many TSO's, LTSO'S, STSO'S, Leo's, BDO's etc. are on this forum?

thomas199023 Oct 12, 2010 8:28 am

Why do you want to know that?

VH-RMD Oct 12, 2010 8:29 am

twenty-leven...

N965VJ Oct 12, 2010 8:34 am

Originally Posted by JoiseyGirl (Post 14930710)
I would like to know how many TSO's, LTSO'S, STSO'S, Leo's, BDO's etc. are on this forum?

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

I am N965VJ, and I am not a screening clerk. I hope I've never confused anyone in the past.:D

mikemey Oct 12, 2010 8:36 am

Originally Posted by JoiseyGirl (Post 14930710)

I'm not a TSO, nor do I play one on TV.

I am, however, originally, a Jersey Guy.

Welcome!

IslandBased Oct 12, 2010 8:41 am

Welcome to Flyer Talk TS/S.

To answer your question, probably less that a dozen from the TSA DHS realm.

LessO2 Oct 12, 2010 9:03 am

Combined, there are about five to seven that infrequently contribute, and about three regulars. Most are screeners, two who moved from screener to the office, one is a lead, another one is a supervisor. One is a BDO, and there are about three FAMs who are a glutton for punishment.

The environment here has gotten very hostile over the last couple of years, so most of them contribute once in a blue moon. Suspicion that one of them has two logins.

There is also one regular who works for the Canadian TSA equivalent.

But there are a LOT more lurkers, from the rank-and-file to folks at DHS and TSA HQ who read this forum.

JoiseyGirl Oct 12, 2010 9:39 am

Originally Posted by LessO2 (Post 14930955)
Combined, there are about five to seven that infrequently contribute, and about three regulars. Most are screeners, two who moved from screener to the office, one is a lead, another one is a supervisor. One is a BDO, and there are about three FAMs who are a glutton for punishment.

The environment here has gotten very hostile over the last couple of years, so most of them contribute once in a blue moon. Suspicion that one of them has two logins.

There is also one regular who works for the Canadian TSA equivalent.

But there are a LOT more lurkers, from the rank-and-file to folks at DHS and TSA HQ who read this forum.

Of course as in any forum there has to be comedians :) I have been a "lurker" here for quite some time and I have to say that a lot of the posts here are absolutely "hostile" towards TSA and their employees (which covers alot of people) and most of them don't truly know a dang thing.......
The ones that are the hostile and ignorant are the ones who would be the first to scream that TSA wasn't doing their job if we had an attack on our homeland....it is quite sad......

BTW thank you for your honest reply.....seems not alot of that is present in this forum :)

doober Oct 12, 2010 9:42 am

Originally Posted by JoiseyGirl (Post 14931198)
Of course as in any forum there has to be comedians :) I have been a "lurker" here for quite some time and I have to say that a lot of the posts here are absolutely "hostile" towards TSA and their employees (which covers alot of people) and most of them don't truly know a dang thing.......
The ones that are the hostile and ignorant are the ones who would be the first to scream that TSA wasn't doing their job if we had an attack on our homeland....it is quite sad......

BTW thank you for your honest reply.....seems not alot of that is present in this forum :)

Examples, please. And are you employed by TSA?

Superguy Oct 12, 2010 9:47 am

And what evidence do you have of this?

And BTW, TSA isn't doing their job ... that's the problem.

Off to a good start in this forum eh? :rolleyes:

Superguy Oct 12, 2010 9:48 am

Originally Posted by doober (Post 14931231)
Examples, please. And are you employed by TSA?

Given the name and the attitude, it wouldn't surprise me if she were employed at EWR.

doober Oct 12, 2010 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Superguy (Post 14931279)
Given the name and the attitude, it wouldn't surprise me if she were employed at EWR.

:D

mikemey Oct 12, 2010 10:02 am

Excuse me?

No honesty? You must be on something.

The hostility for the TSA is real, at least my views. The TSA has not:
*caught ANY terrorists since 2001
*prevented ANY attacks since 2001

But they have:
*trampled on passengers rights since 2001
*shredded the constitution since 2001

The TSA refuses to give passengers any guidelines on what will cause a pat-down. It's "secret." They are not consistent, are poorly trained, and are basically people who couldn't get a job anywhere else.

I for one do not like the government telling me I cannot travel within my own country without submitting to them.

So, get off your high horse and why don't you just realize that people here are entitled to their opinions.

And, FYI, if there is another attack, I won't blame the TSA, as we all know it doesn't work now. I will blame the Government for their inability to come up with a solid security plan, instead foisting this theater upon us.

DTW-HomeyFour Oct 12, 2010 10:08 am

And when there is an attack again on US soil? Not that I am hoping/ready for one, but I think it's just a matter of time until the ineffectiveness of the TSA is showcased in a horrifying, yet brilliant, display.

BearX220 Oct 12, 2010 10:12 am

I have been a "lurker" here for quite some time and I have to say that a lot of the posts here are absolutely "hostile" towards TSA and their employees (which covers alot of people) and most of them don't truly know a dang thing.......

The ones that are the hostile and ignorant are the ones who would be the first to scream that TSA wasn't doing their job if we had an attack on our homeland...

I would say there's much more hostility and ignorance in evidence at the average TSA checkpoints, most of it generated by TSOs. The testimony here and elsewhere is overwhleming.

And I doubt anyone here would second-guess TSA if there were another attack on our country (what is it with "homeland" all the time? Doesn't it sound Orwellian? What's wrong with "country"?)... as nobody here believes most TSA initiatives reduce the odds of such an attack in the first place. This is theatre criticism.