Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSO "rubbing" my back!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by SATTSO
There are very few exceptions when our law makers and their familes are not screened.
That should make the airline employees and TSA screening clerks that bypass the checkpoint feel very special indeed.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Jenbel
I liked India, generally the ladies who did my screening were very friendly.

(and the whole ladies only line was like an elite line, only quicker )
^ I came back from India this past New Year, unaware of the 'Christmas bomber'. Delhi was on a 'high alert' on US flights. No problem with the ladies who did the screening there. We should only be so lucky to be treated that well here in the US.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by eyecue
You are free to move around by walking and driving. You dont have the right to take a plane at your whim
It is an administrative action and not subject to the 4th ammendment
Your analogy is flawed. Driving also requires administrative screening in the form of driver examination & licensing. Even "manual" methods of transportation such as walking, biking and skiing can require fees and licenses.

Court decisions have extended the right to travel to flying. There is absolutely no question about that. Neither automobiles nor airplanes existed when the Constitution was penned, yet the courts have managed to get it right.

Originally Posted by eyecue
Well driving over a bridge does not entail the use of a vehicle that could be a WMD. It also does not have several hundred occupants on it.
See my response to Flaflyer immediately below.

Originally Posted by Flaflyer
The victims do not have to be IN the transportation means. Start with a Ryder truck that can haul 5000 pounds. Google "Oklahoma City" to find out the rest.
Also the first attempt to bring down the World Trade Center involved a van loaded with explosives in the parking garage.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Oct 5, 2010 at 9:32 am
Old Oct 19, 2010, 1:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Gynob001
I respect your statements but my experience had been different in
Mumbai and Chennai airports. About 2 years back, I asked the security man in Chennai whether I needed to take my laptop out (as I find that in some places, you don't have to) and he went on a tirade of abuses in Hindi, only a little bit of which I understood!
In the same airport, the lady in front of me mentioned something about the security man looked "hasseled" and moved on beyond the security check point. The poor me, next in line was the brunt of attack from a bunch of security men, who didn't even realize that it wasn't me and the offending person was already cleared!
Sorry, you're changing your story here. In your earlier post, you said we're lucky in the US because we just get rubbed. You said that in 'other countries' (you mentioned India) passengers get groped and even hit by security.

Now you're talking about verbal abuse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.