Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSO "rubbing" my back!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LAXguy1748
Don't work for them. Don't want to either.
Ok, if you say so!
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:39 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I just think people need to pick and choose their battles carefully.
Indeed.

But if a TSA employee commits assault, it really is up to the passenger how to respond. If the TSA employee doesn't lose his/her job, then said employee should consider him/herself extremely lucky, beat-down or not.

There are some things one just doesn't do and assault (groping someone with no warning or consent) is one of them.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by tanja
Anyone sneaking up behind me would have a serious problem.

I would get so startled that I would smack them.

I would think assult. And I do think that is a normal reaction with most people.
Good excuse to smack a smuf around the chops.

"Oh sorry, you snuck up on me. I thought you were a thief trying to steal my wallet or something"

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Ok, if you say so!
Yeah I dont believe it for a second either.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 2, 2010 at 5:55 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Sep 30, 2010, 9:29 pm

Nothing against passengers at all. I just think some of the posturing that goes on is ridiculous. Threatening physical violence and dropping F-bombs gets people nowhere quickly. I think a lot of what TSA does is ridiculous and a waste of time, I'm right there with you all. I just think people need to pick and choose their battles carefully.
I'm verrrryyyy ticklish. If someone were to sneak up on me and run their hands over me, the first reaction would be violent withdrawal, immediately followed by wild flailing of all limbs at the groping party. Totally involuntary in such situations. It's not like I have a choice unless warned and mentally prepared ahead of time. Purely reflex.

And no, a nude-o-scope is not an option.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:04 pm

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
Nothing against passengers at all. I just think some of the posturing that goes on is ridiculous. Threatening physical violence and dropping F-bombs gets people nowhere quickly. I think a lot of what TSA does is ridiculous and a waste of time, I'm right there with you all. I just think people need to pick and choose their battles carefully.
So because someone is a government actor, they automatically get a pass to randomly and without announcement and consent grab and grope you just because they want to?

As someone said in another thread, they wouldn't let their spouse do that in public, so why is it okay for the TSA to do that?
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat/1MM
Yeah, and my battle is against anyone who thinks it is a good idea to touch or grope me without my consent. As a survivor of sexual assault, I react HARSHLY to sneak attacks. If you don't believe me, walk up behind me and try to rub my back. It would probably be best to call an ambulance before you attempt it.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:18 pm

Programs: DL, US Air, AA, HH Diamond
Question - do these new random back rubs go along the same lines as pat-downs, as in female TSO's can only touch female pax and male TSO's male pax? If that's the case, I will just try to get in the line that has an opposite sex screener waiting at the end of the belt.

Otherwise, my first gut reaction of someone grabbing my shoulders/back, would be a swift backward jab of the elbow, before I whirled around to see who in the hell was touching me. And I'm pretty short, so depending on the height of the screener, they would either get an elbow to the abdomen or to their groin.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
Nice posturing. Let us all know how that works out for you if you do it. Not sure how much internet access you get from a jail cell though.
Actually I have been in this situation before outside of the airport, and have never been charged. When I used to be a bartender I have had a few instances of people grabbing me and it ended badly for all of the including the two where I knocked the idiot out with either my fist or with a bottle, and after they got discharged from the hospital they went straight to jail.

Plus 5 yrs of mixed martial arts training doesn't hurt when it comes to defending ones self from being assaulted or a blind side attack. That and a CHL doesn't hurt either when applicable.

Last edited by essxjay; Oct 1, 2010 at 12:06 am Reason: Personal commentary
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:02 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Folks,

Please focus your comments on the screening protocol rather than on each other, whether screener or pax you be. Thank you.

essxjay
TS/S co-moderator
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:12 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Devo - Through Being Cool

We’re through being cool
Eliminate the ninnies and the twits
Going to bang some heads
Going to beat some butts
Time to show those evil spuds what’s what
If you live in a small town
You might meet a dozen or two
Young alien types who step out
And dare to declare
Spank the pank who try to drive you nuts
Time to clean some house
Be a man or a mouse
Waste those who make it tuff to get around
If you live in a big place
Many factions underground
Chase down mister hinky dink
So no trace can be found
Put the tape on erase
Rearrange a face
We always liked picasso anyway
Mash ’em
Old Oct 1, 2010, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by oldjonesy
Good excuse to smack a smuf around the chops.

"Oh sorry, you snuck up on me. I thought you were a thief trying to steal my wallet or something"
If they try this w/me, they are likely to end up with an elbow to a throat or something, i do not react well to ppl sneaking up and touching me...

i would imagine anyone who's survived assault of any kind would not react well to this either.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 7:09 am
Suspended

Walking up to just a random someone is a whole lot different than walking into a checkpoint knowing that searches and patdowns go on. Apples and oranges.
Sorry that doesn't hold water. Anybody touching you in the manner that the TSA does, no matter where on your body, without permission equals assault. Yes, we know they are there and that they do sometimes touch people, but they must first ask permission.

Originally Posted by Policypeddler
Notification was simultaneous with the action. It literally startled me and I spun around quickly. He said something like, "I need to check your back"; however, I'm not exactly sure what he said and I felt blindsided. It was over as quick as it began!
That does not equal asking permission.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 2, 2010 at 5:53 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Oct 1, 2010, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by VonS
Yeah, and my battle is against anyone who thinks it is a good idea to touch or grope me without my consent. As a survivor of sexual assault, I react HARSHLY to sneak attacks. If you don't believe me, walk up behind me and try to rub my back. It would probably be best to call an ambulance before you attempt it.
I also have had a very bad expeience as a young girl. So my instinkt is anybody sneaking up on me like that and touches me has bad intention.

There is not time to think just reaction.

My fiance reacts even worse. He has also been had e few bad thins happening to him.

In the begining of our realtionship he had not told me anything.
So when day I did (stupid me) I came behind and just hugged him from behind. He had not heard me and I almost got floored.

And he knew that I was in the same room.

So it is a normal reaction if you defend your self.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oldjonesy
Yeah I dont believe it for a second either.
It took a full second to doubt the claim?
Old Oct 1, 2010, 10:14 am

The last two times I have been through IAH I received a "quick" patdown from the waist down after passing without alarm through the WTMD. My wife was not in either instance since the WTMD TSO both times was male. Each time I asked for new gloves, which permitted other pax to proceed through the WTMD and not receive the patdown. Also noticed that while airport employees walked through the WTMD, none were subject to the patdown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.