TSO "rubbing" my back!

Old Sep 30, 2010, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
Any TSA employee touching me without notice or getting consent is going to find out 1.) what my sub-conscious reflexes are 2.) going to be explaining themselves to there mgmt why there being arrested for battery. There stupid SSI SOP can say what ever it wants (including the magical kool-aid reciepe and cracker jack decoder ring)but can't trump local, state, and federal laws on the books.

Considering I just had back surgery any one touching me without warning it will not end well.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by N965VJ
Just strolling through, whistling the tune from Jeopardy...
I'm sure you'll have more than enough time for The Syncopated Clock

Originally Posted by jampa
Oh this will be good...i'm trained in self defense and i could so see this going so very very wrong....
I'm surprised a smurf hasn't been seriously injured pulling this stunt.

Last edited by n4zhg; Sep 30, 2010 at 6:53 pm
Old Sep 30, 2010, 7:19 pm

Had they done that to me on my last trip I'd likely ended up in jail because not only did I have a sunburn but my shoulders hurt so I'd likely have decked the smurf.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 7:57 pm

Obviously the TSA has received a "credible threat" that a U.S. citizen will try to smuggle a bomb on a domestic flight taped to his back. Luckily, it is rendered inert if rubbed down before detonation.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Scubatooth
Any TSA employee touching me without notice or getting consent is going to find out 1.) what my sub-conscious reflexes are 2.) going to be explaining themselves to there mgmt why there being arrested for battery. There stupid SSI SOP can say what ever it wants (including the magical kool-aid reciepe and cracker jack decoder ring)but can't trump local, state, and federal laws on the books.

Considering I just had back surgery any one touching me without warning it will not end well.
Nice posturing. Let us all know how that works out for you if you do it. Not sure how much internet access you get from a jail cell though.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:05 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by LAXguy1748
Nice posturing. Let us all know how that works out for you if you do it. Not sure how much internet access you get from a jail cell though.
You can pooh-pooh such a statement all you want, but a TSA employee who paws a passenger without warning or consent is committing assault. There are limits to even what this disgusting, un-American agency can do.

If you'd like to test this hypothesis, feel free to stroll up to someone and grope them. Let us know how that works out for you.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff
You can pooh-pooh such a statement all you want, but a TSA employee who paws a passenger without warning or consent is committing assault. There are limits to even what this disgusting, un-American agency can do.

If you'd like to test this hypothesis, feel free to stroll up to someone and grope them. Let us know how that works out for you.
Walking up to just a random someone is a whole lot different than walking into a checkpoint knowing that searches and patdowns go on. Apples and oranges.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:14 pm

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
Walking up to just a random someone is a whole lot different than walking into a checkpoint knowing that searches and patdowns go on. Apples and oranges.
So, under your theory, if I walk into a checkpoint, a TSO can randomly grab my chest, groin and buttocks without any notification or consent?

Please do try that someday so that case law can be established putting the TSA goons in check.

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
You write like TSORon, want to say something?
Not at all, just a realist who doesn't go through a checkpoint looking for problems like some others on here apparently do.
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Perhaps you should go read posts from a TSO on this board (or just review your SOP).

TSOs are not supposed to be touching a pax without first informing the pax that he/she will be touched and what the frisk will involve.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not at all, just a realist who doesn't go through a checkpoint looking for problems like some others on here apparently do.
So how long have you worked for TSA?
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:18 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Not at all. Try it sometime if you wish and watch what happens. I'm quite confident that if evidence shows a TSA employee on the receiving end of a beat-down just walked up and grabbed, the person administering the beat-down will be acquitted of any and all charges and can likely counter-sue.

I'd probably reserve go-time for the ice, but once a TSA employee start grabbing, it's pretty much up to me how I want to deal with it and jail is a really remote possibility. Still, to each his/her own...
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
So how long have you worked for TSA?
Don't work for them. Don't want to either.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Don't work for them. Don't want to either.
Don't hang out with them or know any of them on a personal basis?

What have you got against pax?
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by chollie
Don't hang out with them or know any of them on a personal basis?

What have you got against pax?
Nothing against passengers at all. I just think some of the posturing that goes on is ridiculous. Threatening physical violence and dropping F-bombs gets people nowhere quickly. I think a lot of what TSA does is ridiculous and a waste of time, I'm right there with you all. I just think people need to pick and choose their battles carefully.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.