Wiki Posts
Search

End the administrative searches

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Silver
Originally Posted by Spiff
I'm willing to take my chances and bet my life on it.

If others feel they need more "security", then let them choose via the free market. Get the federal government 100% the hell out of airline/airport security.
I agree Amtrak/Commuter rail has none of this bull, it's also cheaper and is my choice for trips under 6-8 hours or when I have time. Security is miserable enough to make this preferable. No one's attacked Amtrak and security theater doesn't work.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 4:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ken hAAmer
While I agree with the sentiments, if you let the airlines do their own security they will go as cheap as possible. One only needs to look at the AS "jack-screw" crash in 2000. Profit will always trump security. Airlines, like pretty much every other business, just cannot seem to grasp that while security/safety are expensive, they are cheap compared to an "accident/incident."

I wish I knew what the right answer was. But I do know that TSA/CATSA are the wrong answer.
Let me (and anyone else) carry a gun aboard (with frangible ammunition) and I'll take my chances with no TSA malarkey.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 5:24 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by futurectdoc
I agree Amtrak/Commuter rail has none of this bull, it's also cheaper and is my choice for trips under 6-8 hours or when I have time. Security is miserable enough to make this preferable. No one's attacked Amtrak and security theater doesn't work.
If only that were true. But it's not.

The Northeast Corridor sees more than it's share of "swat-team-like" inspections of passengers.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
If only that were true. But it's not.

The Northeast Corridor sees more than it's share of "swat-team-like" inspections of passengers.
...and border patrol goons who routinely attack a 100% domestic train and wake people up demanding to know citizenship.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by n4zhg
Let me (and anyone else) carry a gun aboard (with frangible ammunition) and I'll take my chances with no TSA malarkey.
Now that is just funny

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.