My NEXUS Card was refused at PHX T4

Old Sep 4, 2010, 1:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by VH-RMD
why don't you send a letter to Pistole also? Probably won't get you a response, but he may just get to read it (a remote likelyhood I understand)
Send that letter and copy Napolitano, just for fun, as well as your congressional representatives. That might get you a response.

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Please file a complaint with the DHS Inspector General (IG) using their IG Hotline. The TSA doesn't have its owN IG; rather, they fall under the DHS IG as one of the bureaus under DHS. FYI, Richard Skinner is very highly respected among federal department IGs.

The added benefit is that you will cause Pissy personal pain. He will have to explain why his re-training efforts he so proudly announced on PV are not being carried out. It could be because he made a commitment he has no intention of carrying out. It could mean that he has senior and middle managers who have no intention of complying with his direction. Oh yeah -- his responses to the IG are FOIA-able.

Just clearly state the facts, all the lies you were told and by whom, and connect it to the PV blog entry.
Can we report BB for censoring posts at PV via this method also?

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Sep 4, 2010 at 9:05 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Sep 4, 2010, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Document checker at DCA today had to ask someone else if my passport card was OK, or whether he could reject me.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 5:01 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by ylwae
Remember, these aren't ordinary idiots. That list would somehow become SSI, and everyone knows you can't just go around taping SSI documents to the podium.
Actually, the woman at LAX who I had a little back and forth with a couple weeks ago actually looked down at the list.

Originally Posted by doober
Can we report BB for censoring posts at PV via this method also?
You can. I would actually like to see the response.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by N1120A
Response??? I'd like to see it too.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 6:25 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.743 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Originally Posted by ylwae
Originally Posted by T-the-B
Any ordinary idiot could figure out how to tape a list of the acceptable IDs to the TDC podium.
Remember, these aren't ordinary idiots. That list would somehow become SSI, and everyone knows you can't just go around taping SSI documents to the podium.
Don't they already have the book of valid IDs? At the airports I pass through most often when they aren't sure about Nexus they ask around and flip through a valid photo ID book (contains DLs, passport cards, etc). No excuse for the way they handled it though.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 6:55 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by CdnFlier
Don't they already have the book of valid IDs? At the airports I pass through most often when they aren't sure about Nexus they ask around and flip through a valid photo ID book (contains DLs, passport cards, etc). No excuse for the way they handled it though.
They do, but most refuse to bring it out.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N1120A
Actually, the woman at LAX who I had a little back and forth with a couple weeks ago actually looked down at the list.

Here's one. Not done with them yet either!

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
601 South 12tk Street
Arlington, VA 20598

Transportation
Security
Administration

August 2, 2010

Via E-Mail

Re: OTSSO-IO-0020

Dear Mr. ,

Thank you for contacting the Transportation Security Administration's (TSA's) Office of Civil Rights and Liberties. Your concern, as stated in your April 2, 2010 e-mail letter, is that TSA, through the TSA Blog, curtailed your First Amendment freedom of speech rights by deleting two of your posted comments. You felt that those comments fell under the category of"protected political speech" and that the TSA Blog should not have been able to delete those comments.

You requested an inquiry into the deletion of the comments.

The Office ofCivil Rights and Liberties reviewed this concern. The comments you referenced were deleted pursuant to TSA's established Comment Policy. This policy is available for your review on our website at: http://blog.tsa.gov/200S/0l/comment-policy.html. Based on our review, it appears that the deletion ofthe comments from the TSA Blog comports with the
established TSA Comment Policy. Further, based on our assessment, it appears that such action does not constitute an infringement of the First Amendment freedom ofspeech.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and for giving us the opportunity to respond.

Sincerely,

4(~

Stephanie Stoltzfus

Director
Office of Traveler, Specialized Screening & Outreach
Office of Civil Rights and Liberties
Old Sep 5, 2010, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
Originally Posted by CdnFlier
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.743 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)Don't they already have the book of valid IDs? At the airports I pass through most often when they aren't sure about Nexus they ask around and flip through a valid photo ID book (contains DLs, passport cards, etc). No excuse for the way they handled it though.
Here is the crux of the issue. The supervisor didn't even think for one second about going the extra step and verifying that NEXUS was indeed accepted.

He was to involved with preening himself and refusing to think for one second that a member of the unwashed masses could possibly be correct and he being wrong.

There is no reason why this attitude should ever be tolerated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.