Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Struck Luck....... BP Remarks: SSSS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Struck Luck....... BP Remarks: SSSS

I couldnt do OLCI yesterday..... then.... today I recieved a BP with remarks: SSSS. Didnt know what it was so I proceeded through NEXUS and security....

did a full body packdown and had to disassemble every bag i had for a swipe test......

they MLL agent / security were senstive (thinking i might be in a bad mood)..... but i told them i'm cool, not pressed for time.....gonna hang around the lounge and .... i felt very lucky.....

gotta buy lottery tonight!
Old Sep 3, 2010, 9:36 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Mind sharing which airport you're at?

I know YVR does that Stupid Security .... Search. I went to the US connections security checkpoint at YVR, played DDR, and was chatting with the CATSA staff. The only people who go through the nude-o-scope is if you failed the DDR (up arrow) or had SSSS on your b/p.

At least CATSA doesn't haraSSSS us as much as US TSA??
Old Sep 4, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, AX Cent so...Delta Plat, SPG Gold, etc..
If it happens again fill out the forms and mail them in from www.dhs.gov/trip

Good Luck!
Old Sep 4, 2010, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by dfyant
If it happens again fill out the forms and mail them in from www.dhs.gov/trip

Good Luck!
This may be more effective.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Home airport..... YYZ.....

i wondered what triggered a SSSS. Buying two one way tickets? NEXUS random?

Last edited by global happy traveller; Sep 5, 2010 at 8:34 am
Old Sep 5, 2010, 8:36 am

Programs: DL PM, TSA Disparager Gold
I had it at YUL when flying back to IAD on AC. Not sure what triggered it, the only thing I can figure is the outbound was all UA and the return was AC/UA. I opted out of the nude-o-scope and was given two very thorough patdowns. I did have family flying at the same time, though on different flights, so maybe that triggered it.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 12:49 pm

Once did a very last minute AP redemption ticket sitting at JFK for a flight LGA-YYZ.... unfortunately did not make the flight by the time I got to LGA.

So put on next flight with a SSSS... gave the TSA guy my BP and said "give me the works", to which he laughed. It was pretty slow and I don't think their search was intensive as it should have been.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 1:18 pm

Programs: Earned: AC SE, AA PLT - Comped: DL PLT, Avis PC, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
Home airport..... YYZ.....

Nexus random = RR code on your nexus receipt, wouldn't trigger an SSSS.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 9:01 am
Original Poster

it wasnt bad at all....just an extra several minutes.... afterall they repacked my bag for me too!
Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:35 am

Programs: A Few
I hit the jackpot the other day departing YYC...two out of my four boarding passes got the SSSS remark...fortunately I only got an explosive test on my hands in YYZ and in ORD Swiss reissued my remaining two boarding passes, and the SSSS vanished.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 5:01 pm

Programs: AC E75K, CX AsiaMiles Gold, FPC Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
There are a number of reasons SSSS would come up - last minute purchase, quick round trip (same day or next day), regular flying pattern. Anything considered out of the ordinary (i.e. something the vast majority of people flying would not mornally do). Usually happens inbound to Canada from the US, I understand.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sapperflyer
There are a number of reasons SSSS would come up - last minute purchase, quick round trip (same day or next day), regular flying pattern. Anything considered out of the ordinary (i.e. something the vast majority of people flying would not mornally do). Usually happens inbound to Canada from the US, I understand.
i got the opposite direction...... from canada to the US
Old Sep 7, 2010, 2:28 am

I get SSSS probably 25% of my NA flights. Always last minute, one way, male traveling alone. Although a couple of years 4 of us were traveling from MSY when we all got the same thing.

The security guy told the first one to go stand over there because he'd been randomly selected. He wasn't going to let us follow him until we showed him that we'd all been randomly selected.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:20 pm

also had the same SSSS yesterday at YYZ... not knowing what it was I got a wave of the wand and through full body scanner. I had my bags very casually searched.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:56 am

Programs: 100K
I just got my first SSSS and I thought I'd be getting the works.... but sailed through security and the NEXUS lane.... what was strange was that I couldn't check in online or using the kiosk for some reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.