Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask a TSA Officer

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2010, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SATTSO
Kind of curious, what is he saying different that others TSA posters are not saying? Sure he's not to happy with TSA, but is that it?
It couldn't possibly be A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E, could it? Not coming from a position of "I know it all."
Old Aug 5, 2010, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Maybe off topic, but the only question I've got is how many TSO's got their "degree in homeland security" from the banner ad I see on this thread

Got mine from a cracker jack box :P
Old Aug 5, 2010, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by unLogical
Got mine from a cracker jack box :P
I just sent off for mine over the internet.

I'm also a doctor, and a preacher.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
I just sent off for mine over the internet.

I'm also a doctor, and a preacher.
Lawyer is next year?

Edit: 2nd response - Are they from the University of Phoenix?
Old Aug 5, 2010, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by unLogical
Lawyer is next year?

Edit: 2nd response - Are they from the University of Phoenix?
Nah, University of Bohica!
Old Aug 5, 2010, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by red456
It couldn't possibly be A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E, could it? Not coming from a position of "I know it all."
Oh, i was praised for my attitude when I first arrived here as well. I was still treated like crap. All this post are still there about me when I first arrived, go check 'em out if you don't believe me. And yes, I am more aggressive now. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, as the saying goes.

And sorry, I don't think I know everything. There have been many times I have corrected myself and apologized. Those post are still there, too.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Wondering if Anon1934 already got spanked by TSA for his postings?
No worries, I'm still here and still employed. Though I have taken to heart the words of warning and have been watching my back around "the office."

Last edited by Anon1934; Aug 6, 2010 at 4:36 am
Old Aug 6, 2010, 7:26 am

Programs: TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by Anon1934
No worries, I'm still here and still employed. Though I have taken to heart the words of warning and have been watching my back around "the office."
I figured TSA was on security lock-down after the scan picture scandal.
I know that they go into spin mode whenever they get negative press.
I'm banking on the EPIC lawsuit:
http://epic.org/privacy/litigation/E...DHS_Motion.pdf

Use the Nude-O-Scopes for secondary only, and OFFER people a choice!^
Old Aug 6, 2010, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anon1934
I would step lightly. TSA can find out who you are if they really want to.

Also, folks outside of TSA don't know the screening policies, or at least not the exact screening policies. Seeing that TSA is to CS to provide the public with rules they must comply with we are open ears to learn and piece together procedure from available information sources.

Most wish to validate their beliefs from the things you post so being accurate and as forthcoming as possible is helpful. We know there are things you can't comment on and I would suggest not even going there. But on the things you do comment on being exact is very important.

There are lots of us here that have various issues with TSA, and I think mostly valid issues. Be aware of that and don't take comments personally.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 8:48 am

Programs: TSA Disparager Gold
Just remember, TSA is to security as military music is to music.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 9:13 am

BTW, welcome Anon1934. I've enjoyed your posts! You seem like a bright guy so I hope you will find your true calling before the TSA sucks out your soul and spits it in the gutter.

I remember you said you have an English degree? You must be able to write perhaps? I'm sure your time at TSA has provided you with ample stories and antedotes to write about...you could do a 'insider's story' about the absurdities and incompetence of TSA and its employess or better yet....write it as a comedy of the absurd, perhaps in the vein of Monty Python!

Anyway, back to why we are here. Keep up the good work (on the forum) and thanks for your candid views, etc. And be careful, as I'm sure these people would love nothing more than to bury you.

Keep postin'!
Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Another question I have is regarding the patdowns for people who are using the cancer-o-scope..

According to Camerawork

Originally Posted by camerawork
A week ago in MCI, every single male that was directed through the machine was still given a full patdown upon exit and before being able to pick up their stuff off the belt. What's the logic of the machine if it still requires a patdown? And again...we are all still waiting for answer about the security of our items now that we will not be able to see them (once there is no opt out, minus health issues, for the machines).
Why is TSA doing pat downs on people who use the nude-o-scope? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having the machine?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
How do you guys deal with conspiracy nutjobs and black helicoptor types? You know the "AM I BEING DETAINED/AM I UNDER ARREST" kinds.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:19 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Originally Posted by msp3
How do you guys deal with conspiracy nutjobs and black helicoptor types? You know the "AM I BEING DETAINED/AM I UNDER ARREST" kinds.
The "am I being detained/am I under arrest" types are not conspiracy nutjobs or black helicopter types. These are people who are standing up for their rights.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by msp3
The OP, Anon1934, lasted all of 4 days. You're talking to no one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.