Wiki Posts
Search

[Help] IGU Airport Security and Police

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:22 am
Original Poster

[Help] IGU Airport Security and Police

post deleted.

Last edited by roland_wa; Jun 9, 2010 at 8:03 pm Reason: due to an open legal dispute / lawsuit.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
I will take a quick stab at this. First off I know nothing about what can & can not be done there. However based on your post I understand why they would be suspicious . I know you were in a bad position but you did the right thing & all was clear & yes I would NEVER go back there.

Welcome to Flyertalk.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:16 pm

What if Roland_wa is an undercover TSO who decided to post such gruesome story to show you that it could be much worse? So you will stop complaining about good ol' TSA?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by roland_wa
What were my options in this situation? Is this a "normal" or at least legal procedure?
You're probably right in that they were looking for drugs. I have no clue about the laws in Brazil, but it is legal for Customs to strip search people in the US and in Canada. I don't imagine Brazil would be too different in that regard.

What should I have done in the cell?
Following his directions was no doubt your best bet.

Is the fact that I had a few short stays in a brazilian city suspicius enough to do that?
I'd wager it was a contributing factor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.