Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

TSA director at Norfolk International Airport accused of not following procedures

TSA director at Norfolk International Airport accused of not following procedures

Old Mar 4, 2011, 8:00 am

awesome

Report on the findings of this "investigation."

http://www.wtkr.com/videobeta/317b77...he-TSA-patdown

"I haven't seen too many overturned grievances at TSA...Raising questions will get you a reprimand..."

Awesome. Just awesome.

The last 60 seconds of this are the best.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 8:16 am

"He'd love to set the record straight and tell his side of the story, but policy prevents him from making a comeback..."

He, he, hehe...

did he just imply

"SSI"?

Oooh Goody!!!

Secret Squirrel Inanity!!!

Seriously, "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you!" sounds so inane coming from these wannabe mall-cop rejects.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ElizabethConley
"He'd love to set the record straight and tell his side of the story, but policy prevents him from making a comeback..."

He, he, hehe...
A reminder of one of the most useful bits of advice for bureaucrats: Policy is something useful to hide behind.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The correct response from the TSA:

We take incidents like this seriously. Mr. Kumjian is no longer employed by the TSA.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tom M.

We take incidents like this seriously. Mr. Kumjian is no longer employed by the TSA.
Why would TSA do that? They don't hold any other TSA thieves, drug dealers, gropers, and various other TSA criminals accountable for their actions.

Just look at the example TSA provides with its TSA Blog where being a liar is a requirement for the job.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goalie
moe, larry, the cheese
moe, larry, the cheese

sorry, i just couldn't resist tho the larry i reference would be more fitting when referring to the tsa, ne'st pas?

My Heroes!!!
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A couple of additional comments:

The blond newsbabe at the beginning of the story could tell me that the sun rises in the west and I would believe her!

The AFSD is still employes as an SES federal civil servant.

The union rep has given us a glimpse of life-after-unions. Individual screening clerks will go public with a lot more of these types of things. This will further erode the image of the TSA and will be a catalyst for what we hope is an eventual meltdown. Their internal conflicts will become more public, which is a good thing. I'm mercenary enough to be pleased by the prospect of unions killing the TSA, if that's what it takes.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
The blond newsbabe at the beginning of the story could tell me that the sun rises in the west and I would believe her!
She is a blond? I didn't notice that!
Old Mar 4, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: AAEXP, MRPLT
"There is a proper and improper way of raising those concerns. The proper way is through chain of command."

Bureaucrat to English translation:

"We are more concerned about our image and ability to justify funding than whatever our mandate is. In the future, please direct all issues to the appropriate Assistant Federal Security Director so that it may be promptly and properly suppressed."
Old Mar 4, 2011, 5:44 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, SW Rewards, WorldPerks, Barnes and Noble Frequent Buyers
Why didn't he go through an exit like all the other mgmt types do? Show their badge, smile nicely and after the "list" is checked, waltz on through. At least that's what they did at LAX.....or so I am told.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 8:55 pm

I'm not sure if I trust our news media to give due attention to TSA abuses, but it DOES occur to me that all the TV stations in our town have a tipline. It could be that active citizens need to call their local tiplines if something happens that should get news media attention.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Gold: Hilton Gold
A few might get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6yLQRF-cEU

Nah, I doubt it.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dan_E
A few might get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6yLQRF-cEU

Nah, I doubt it.
Mr. Kumjian and much of the TSA doesn't get it.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Tom M.

Wow. That's my idea of "Flyer Heaven." Will we ever live in a world where the TSA "people" are held to *any* kind of standard?
Old Mar 5, 2011, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fredd
A reminder of one of the most useful bits of advice for bureaucrats: Policy is something useful to hide behind.
Especially when the policy and the procedure are both secret.

"Why was this done?"

"It was done according to policy."

"And what policy is that?"

"The one I can't tell you about because it is Sooper-Sekrit-Inanity and if I told you the tewwowists would win."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.