Flying with expired id or no id

Old Dec 8, 2009, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by RadioGirl
So is the improved screening for liquids. Due in 2007, 2008, Fall 2009. Well, soon, anyway.
Lol we've had part if the improved screening for LGAs here for over a year. FIDO!!! Wolf, wolf!

Next year we get the other enhancement for LGAs, starting with our new terminal.

So yes, changes at TDC are coming.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SATTSO
No your original question does not stand. TSA matches your name when you buy the ticket/check-in.

But yes, eventually it will be done at the TDC station, by computer.

I should explain that whY is wrong with your question is that you seem to be saying the answer has to make sense to you, or be correct (I am NOT saying the answer is not correct!).

We have all known someone who did something stupid. Let's use me for example: I came to flyertalk to help answer questions, knowing my answers would not be accepted. If someone were to am me, "if you knew your answers would not be accepted, why go there?" To which I answer, "to answer question." Then I'm told, "no, that answer is not good. You knew it wouldn't work. I want another answer." And I say, "but that's my answer, it's what I really thought and did." "no, it doesn't make sense, give me another answer..."

when does it stop? Even if my answer is wrong and not logical, did I not answer? Sure I did.

We check ID to confirm a pax against the no-fly and selected list. No, right now we do NOT confirm it again at the TDC. Maybe that does NOT make sense to you. Maybe you think it's stupid. Maybe you think it violates your rights. Even so, how would that change the fact that it's an answer?

Like I have said before, now the answer needs to be examined....

You first off stated that I already knew the answer. I suggest that you don't know what I might know or may not know.

I do not understand how knowing someones identity makes anyone safer if proper screening is accomplished.

Keeping WEI off of airplanes should be the focus of TSA.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 2P
Originally Posted by SATTSO
Like I have said before, now the answer needs to be examined....
It is an answer for why the airlines do what they do. Logically checking against such a list has no actual increase in security, however it is a nice "feel good" measure for those that have no experience in security. It's a "showy" thing to do so Ma and Pa Kettle can be content with a nice false sense of security.

As far as the checkpoint is concerned it is not an answer in any way shape or form.

If the TSO checking IDs had a handheld scanner there and was individually verifying people against the list, then, yes, your answer would be accurate. As it is today your answer does not answer the question.

It's like someone asking "Why doesn't a Corvette come in Lime Green" and someone else answering "Ferraris come in RED!"
Old Dec 8, 2009, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
You first off stated that I already knew the answer. I suggest that you don't know what I might know or may not know.

I do not understand how knowing someones identity makes anyone safer if proper screening is accomplished.

Keeping WEI off of airplanes should be the focus of TSA.
Sure I know because your a regular on this site, you keep up with TSA, and I know you've read other post about the No-fly list and TDC.... Let's not play games
Old Dec 8, 2009, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Random_Flyer
It is an answer for why the airlines do what they do. Logically checking against such a list has no actual increase in security, however it is a nice "feel good" measure for those that have no experience in security. It's a "showy" thing to do so Ma and Pa Kettle can be content with a nice false sense of security.

As far as the checkpoint is concerned it is not an answer in any way shape or form.

If the TSO checking IDs had a handheld scanner there and was individually verifying people against the list, then, yes, your answer would be accurate. As it is today your answer does not answer the question.

It's like someone asking "Why doesn't a Corvette come in Lime Green" and someone else answering "Ferraris come in RED!"
As to your last statement, yes it's silly, but it's still an answer.

Where is it said all answer have to make sense?

What is 2+2?

My ANSWER is 5!

Oh, I'm wrong. My answer is wrong. Yet I still answered, didn't I?

What I don't get is that with all the suppossedly intelligent people on this site none of you have figured out the reason why we check ID. Yeah yeah it's for the No-fly list, selectee list, or if I'm a cynical, to protect the profit margins of the airlines.

Shortly before chertoff left office he gave an interview and was asked about the selectee list. He answered, but the reported was too stupid to understand the MEANING of the answer.

His answer was a direct result of the what the 9/11 report determine to have happened, to include some of the harsh criticism from the 9/11 committe.

All of you are asking the wrong question. You should be wondering not about TDC in general, or even the no-fly list, but the selectee list.

That is where you will find the answer to your question.

Pretty much all I have to say about that!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.