Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SOP discussion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:19 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by Trollkiller
I will print this out tomorrow and read it while I sit for 3 hours getting my infusion.
At least one of those pages would make a good t-shirt. @:-)

(Tomorrow, TK, tomorrow. Get some sleep. )
Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
I agree with others, carry a copy in your carry-on. If you really want to bring attention to it, carry it in a binder with tin-foil in the cover pages...
Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by AngryMiller
I fly tomorrow afternoon. Keeping the ear to ear grin off my face will be quite hard while transiting security. This faux pas is going to cost them in that on top of being obnoxious and rude, they've become a laughingstock as well.
This is kind of funny. This is the management SOP. Casually reading through it I see that many parts are out if date, but some parts seemingly are not. But if you notice, this sop refers to screening sop and baggage sop various times, which actually describe the screening procedures used to screen you, the pax.

And I wonder, considering there is now a recently revised management sop dated 2009,was the release of this info a mistake?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Trollkiller
Ok folks this excitement has kept me up past my bedtime, I have to be up in 4 hours.

Good night and God bless all you rabble rousers.
Not too much to be excited here, I think.... But hey, if it floats your boat....
Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:33 pm

Programs: SSSSS
Originally Posted by DevilDog438
I agree with others, carry a copy in your carry-on. If you really want to bring attention to it, carry it in a binder with tin-foil in the cover pages...
Make for some good cabin reading on Tuesday. Should we bring extra copies for the flight deck?

TSA Menus:

Breakfast
Special of the Day: Goat, scape with hash browns, coffee and toast.

Lunch
Special of the Day: Goat, scape with pickles, special sauce and french fries. Have it your way.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:38 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by SATTSO
This is kind of funny. This is the management SOP. Casually reading through it I see that many parts are out if date, but some parts seemingly are not. But if you notice, this sop refers to screening sop and baggage sop various times, which actually describe the screening procedures used to screen you, the pax.

And I wonder, considering there is now a recently revised management sop dated 2009,was the release of this info a mistake?
If it wasn't a mistake, why was it pulled from the website?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:46 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Combat Medic
+1. Not only pulled, but pulled on a Sunday, after any kind of regular hours, by a gov't employee...

I'm always amused too by someone thinking pulling it will make it all go away. How many of us have copies and how many have published it on other sites already?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:47 pm

Not only was it pulled on a Sunday, after hours, but the web site belongs to Commerce, not DHS. FBO is federal business opportunities web site.

Last edited by greentips; Dec 6, 2009 at 10:54 pm Reason: redundant or maybe not.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:48 pm

Who knows? I read through all the pages, it isn't that long. It's some what outdated. Many sections have been changed in the current management sop. There are even new sections in the new management sop.

But just because it's no longer valid - mostly - do you really think the higher-ups at TSA want it post online? It was actual valid sop only recently.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:51 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
... that many parts are out if date...
Like the part where the supervisor is responsible for making sure signage is correctly displayed?

I believe the bigger scandal is that many of the so-called SSI sections that were (clumsily) blacked out are really pedestrian. See post #3 for example. No one doubts that there are some things that need to be kept secret, but if these represent TSA's standard of "secret information", it's pretty lame. And I doubt that's changed significantly since the date of this document.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:51 pm

Programs: United
Who knows? I read through all the pages, it isn't that long. It's some what outdated. Many sections have been changed in the current management sop. There are even new sections in the new management sop.

But just because it's no longer valid - mostly - do you really think the higher-ups at TSA want it post online? It was actual valid sop only recently.
That statement is at odds with your previous statement.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by bonoman
+1. Not only pulled, but pulled on a Sunday, after any kind of regular hours, by a gov't employee...

I'm always amused too by someone thinking pulling it will make it all go away. How many of us have copies and how many have published it on other sites already?
Just to let you know, TSA has employees working 24 hours a day, even in offices. My airport closes for around 6 to 8 hours a night, depending in the terminal, yet we have employees working every night. I know for a fact DHS HQ and TSA HQ have some of their offices open 24/7 every day, no holidays.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:57 pm

That statement is at odds with your previous statement.
No not at odds. It is very possible someone made the decision and post it, and one of their supervisors said "nope" and had it pulled. People get over ridden all the time.

It's also interesting this doesn't really give away any "procedures". Look up the section on unpredictible screening, read it. Now can you telly me what the process is? So if you have this document and were randomingly selected, how would you know if it was really random and not retaliation, as is a concern here on this site.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:58 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Just to let you know, TSA has employees working 24 hours a day, even in offices. My airport closes for around 6 to 8 hours a night, depending in the terminal, yet we have employees working every night. I know for a fact DHS HQ and TSA HQ have some of their offices open 24/7 every day, no holidays.
We're not talking agents in an airport, we're talking IT. I've been an IT consultant for over 10 years and have been astonished to find the rare gov't IT employee that works outside of Mon-Fri from 9-4. Someone got an urgent after hours call to "resolve" this foul-up.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 11:00 pm

And does the Department of Commerce as well? My contracting officer seems to be unavailable on Sat, Sun, Federal Holidays, State Holidays. This took not just one government employee, but at least 2. Plus the programmer who got called in to shut down the link.

And RadioGirl, you have identified the crux of the problem. They classify as SSI stuff found in any barnyard, then feed it to us and make us eat it to get on an airplane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.