Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

SSSS on boarding cards (for usa bound pax)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SSSS on boarding cards (for usa bound pax)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2009, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by NonSmokingWindow
It has been SSSSuspended.
It has not been suspended.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 6:36 pm

As more non-US carriers move to comply with TSA Secure Flight, you will hear or see more SSSS activity.

I'm not aware of all the SF requirements, but one is that the non-US airports must abide by some sort official procedure where the passenger must undergo additional security clearance procedures.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 7:42 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by SATTSO
It has not been suspended.
Now I'm confused!!

Any official links??
Old Nov 7, 2009, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Now I'm confused!!

Any official links??
There can still be SSSS passengers. You have to be on the selectees list; I think TSA reports less than 20,000 people on this list. Anytime they fly, they WILL be SSSS.

If you forget/lose your ID, you may be SSSS. Ihave seen airlines and TSA do this.

Basically, TSA took over the entire process of selecting individuals for additional screening. They removed all the things such as one way tickets, paying cash, cancelled flights, etc.

SSSS are very rare now, but still there. We maybe get 1 a day, if even that.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:53 am

Basically, TSA took over the entire process of selecting individuals for additional screening. They removed all the things such as one way tickets, paying cash, cancelled flights, etc.

SSSS are very rare now, but still there. We maybe get 1 a day, if even that.
I call this a good start.

Now if Senate follows the House in banning the strip-search machines and "random" pawing gets eliminated, I just might start flying again.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:20 pm

"There can still be SSSS passengers. You have to be on the selectees list; I think TSA reports less than 20,000 people on this list. Anytime they fly, they WILL be SSSS.

If you forget/lose your ID, you may be SSSS. Ihave seen airlines and TSA do this.

SSSS are very rare now, but still there. We maybe get 1 a day, if even that."
Well, that might change when the Secure Flight Initiative is implemented. I'm waiting to see how it will be implemented and what happens when the full name on the boarding pass does not match the ID that is presented. My guess is that pax will get branded with SSSS on their boarding pass along with additional screening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.