Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everybody FREEZE!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2009, 11:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Easy Victor
I reach in a grab my belongings all the time. I've never had anyone question this.
Same here. No one has ever stopped me or said anything about it.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by IrishDoesntFlyNow
Depends on the "lie". Interesting paper, though, although as "a study" the methodology is pretty poor. I don't think it proves much, except as applied to the specific and very tiny sample the writer reviewed. However (as we're getting way OT) if you want to bat it around further, feel free to drop me a PM.

In the meantime, I stand by what I originally said.
One more and then I am done.

To me it does not depend on the lie. Making an honest mistake is forgivable and understandable. Fudging times (i.e. 1:15 vs. 1:17) is forgivable and understandable. But to deliberately lie is not forgivable nor understandable. Leave the shading of the truth to used car salesmen, cops are supposed to be the honorable ones, the heroes, the ones you can trust with your life, your wife and your money.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Trollkiller
One more and then I am done.

To me it does not depend on the lie. Making an honest mistake is forgivable and understandable. Fudging times (i.e. 1:15 vs. 1:17) is forgivable and understandable. But to deliberately lie is not forgivable nor understandable. Leave the shading of the truth to used car salesmen, cops are supposed to be the honorable ones, the heroes, the ones you can trust with your life, your wife and your money.
I think we essentially agree on that point, TK. Deliberate misrepresentation of significant objective fact is reprehensible.

Subjective observations, on the other hand are much harder to categorize.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.