Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

BWI TDC (playing BDO/SPOT) harasses, terrorizes, interrogates 3-year-old

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BWI TDC (playing BDO/SPOT) harasses, terrorizes, interrogates 3-year-old

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2009, 7:19 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by doober
Actually, as a gov't agency, we do get notice of Amber Alerts. TSOs have actually aided in the recovery of several kidnapped children. I guess you think this is "none of our business" also?

Following your rhetoric, should we have let those kidnappers and children go on their way since they didn't have any of those prohibited items which is all that you would like us to be concerned with?
I am beginning to agree with Andy - is there nothing in which the TSA and its agents believe it should be involved?
Yet another member of the TSA tacitly admitting that they want to run a dragnet. And this government agency continues to increase its power over the people.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree the TSAer should have just let it go, but wow, this thread is filled with some falsehoods and far reaches.

Possibly contributing to that, I'm surprised there hasn't been a mention of the TSAer who was arrested for trying to lure a child over the internet.

It amazes me sometimes how the TSA tries to make nice during the ID nonsense by engaging people in conversation. I'm sure there's some new SSI baloney about trying to play amateur BDO or SPOT during these times, but in the long run they're doing more harm than good by making people wait even longer in the lines and making people even angrier.

It's all about executing the basics, TSA. Stop the happy horsesh** and work on the basics. In the long run, you'll save our tax dollars through execution your core competency and in turn the public might see you in a better light.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Trollkiller
Children that are abducted are usually instructed not to speak to anyone with the threat of violence to themselves or loved ones as the penalty for disobeying.

You and your son by your own admission were not speaking to each other or the TSO.
My kid has been instructed not to speak with strangers with a threat of scolding for disobeying. And I didn't talk much to my folks when I ws 14. I was a sullen teenager, I suppose.

Originally Posted by comment quoted by doober
Well, smart question. Not really..... A parent can hide something on a child just as they can hide something on themselves. These people who are willing to sacrafice their own lives probably don't care much about their children either.
And another thing. Of course no one thinks that there is going to be something on an elderly person or a child and that is all the more reason for someone who wants to get something through to put it on the least suspected.
So how are we getting from kid being used to blow up a plane to interrogating children? I thought all those fancy machines were supposed to detect the bombs strapped to the kids. Or has TSA policy been changed to let kids bypass the detectors?

As for the term interrogation - you have a person inbued with apparent governmental enforcement authority askig questions to someone who has been (reasonably) given the impression that they are not free to continue about their business unless the question is answered. May not be strapped to a chair in the same room as Dirty Harry, but still an interrogation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.