FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   How do you get put on No Fly List (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/816989-how-do-you-get-put-no-fly-list.html)

KosraeTV Apr 25, 2008 1:38 am

How do you get put on No Fly List

What are the reasons, or causes, that someone gets put on the no fly list? And who can do that? Obviously terrorists... but what about people who are vocal anti American activists... have they ever been put on no fly lists. Does it take actual violence actions or is freedom of speech blocked also and people who speak and write anti american papers put on no fly lists? And who can actually do that... is it Homeland or a US embassy or who?

And how do you find out if you are put on the no fly list? :D

alanR Apr 25, 2008 5:41 am

REAL turrists don't appear on the no-fly list as it could be leaked to the turrists and so they would know they have been identified as turrists

Flaflyer Apr 25, 2008 1:30 pm

Don't try this at home, children

"How do you get put on No Fly List?"

Why do you ask? Do you like WANT to get on this list? If so, it is only three easy steps:

1. Approach any TSA checkpoint.
2. Hand them your BP and ID.
3. Say "That is my real name, but my Flyertalk nic is "Spiff".

Congratulations, you're on the list. ^

KosraeTV Apr 25, 2008 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Flaflyer (Post 9632568)

Why do you ask? Do you like WANT to get on this list? If so, it is only three easy steps:

:D:D:D:D:D gosh I loved that one.....

Why do I ask.... I am not sure how the process works if it takes any old embassy to add people to the list or if it is a homeland security only type ruling or what. What are the reasons to be put on no fly list... And I not mean someone with a history of bombing american interests... of course they are on the list... I"m talking about what type of people get put on this list... are radicals anti american's put on the list or what ???

There are folks in Micronesia that are not allowed to fly into Guam or HNL and there is a more and more deportations and I'm wondering the difference between the no fly list and the deportation issues. Micronesian's have free access into America.. no green card no visa.... But if they are deported or charged with felonies or such they are sent back to Micronesia. And having the only carrier CO being a US carrier I hear some are denied boarding and some are just denied entry through Guam or HNL without pay the bribe and extortion of the $575 fee to homeland security and a 9-12 month review to see if these people are allowed to transit guam airport for 3 hours to get to other countries.

So some folks who want to go to training to other countries.... have to pay up 575 which is a month or two months salary for them and wait 9 -12 months for a review and the possibility that they might be allowed to sit in Guam airport for 3 hours. And training I mean real training to increase their job levels and get a higher paying job and better support their family. And going through GUM or HNL is the only way these folks can get out of here so the US in my view is holding them hostage almost and the fees and review process is extortion and bribery almost.

It's starting to cause some unrest here and unfortunately I agree with them. But there seems to be an issue between some being on non fly list and some being denied crossing the boarders. I'm not sure I understand everything from all sides so I'm trying to figure it out. Could a judge put you on the no fly list?? Could an embassy do it???

So really it's a few issues but I"m just now trying to figure out the no fly list....

GUWonder Apr 25, 2008 5:39 pm

However, since he's not on the no-fly list, that's not going to necessarily work.

goalie Apr 25, 2008 5:57 pm

i'll do 1 and 2 but then say salaam aleikum followed by the 3 swear words and one really bad phrase i know in arabic (loosely speaking it involves a camel and the person's mom). if they ask what i just said, maybe i'll them that i learned them from goalie-dad who just happened to be born in cairo (which just happens to be the truth)

Princess1 Apr 25, 2008 6:51 pm

You know you're on the no-fly list when you are denied online checkin and nasty notes pop up on screen. Friend discovered this, had to go down to airport many hours early for flt. He was born in Oman, mom is English. Ironically, this blond Canadian chiropractor has more trouble when he checks in probably than real trsts.