Our Esteemed BDO's Blog a Comment!

Old Apr 2, 2008, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Our Esteemed BDO's Blog a Comment!

Feel inspired and safer now?

Anonymous ~MSP BDO~ said...

To Anonymous who said, "Since when is acting or looking weird a crime in this country?"

First of all the behavior detection program isn't based off how someone "looks" as you stated above, it is based around the behaviors that a person exhibits. Second "acting weird" isn't a crime. This person in Orlando was not arrested just because of the behaviors that he was exhibiting. BDO's identify POTENTIALLY dangerous passengers that might be a risk to aviation and notifies the appropriate law enforcement officials.

"Or probably cause to being to searched? I'm not convinced that acting shifty is enough."

When a passenger submits to screening be either placing bags on the conveyor belt at a checkpoint, walking through a metal detector at a checkpoint, or handing your checked bags to either a ticket agent or TSA officer, your person or property can now be searched for any reason, there is no probable cause needed, just so you are aware!

We should be able to travel anonymously without worrying that our personality quirks are going to get us strip searched on the curb."

Thanks for the laugh this early in the morning, I needed it. Travel anonymously, why? What is it that you have to hide? And Please do not believe that someones personality quirks would get them or you strip searched on the curb.
Go back to the blog about BDO officers or visit the TSA website to read about the program and how it works because you are seriously misinformed. The BDO program gets a lot of criticism, but one thing that nobody can argue is that IT WORKS!

To the TSA/BDO crew down in Orlando, good job!! I love seeing the program I believe in so much be implemented exactly the way its supposed to, and in doing so providing that addition layer of protection to the public, and critics alike! GREAT GREAT JOB!!!

April 2, 2008 11:30 AM
All Comments
Old Apr 2, 2008, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Andy1369

All Comments
Believe me when I say that not all the comments offered have been posted. Those running the blog have become extremely selective in choosing which comments to post.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
Thanks for the laugh this early in the morning, I needed it. Travel anonymously, why? What is it that you have to hide?
People want to and do travel anonymously for a variety of reasons. Fear the government that fears your liberty.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
"If you have nothing to hide...."

Proves that the assumption is "everyone's a criminal until proven otherwise".
Old Apr 2, 2008, 3:09 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit, after ready that...

Sad on so many different levels, I don't know where to begin.

Ciao,
FH
Old Apr 2, 2008, 4:21 pm

Programs: US former CP Looking for a new airline to love me
Originally Posted by Andy1369

Quote:
Anonymous ~MSP BDO~ said...

We should be able to travel anonymously without worrying that our personality quirks are going to get us strip searched on the curb."

Thanks for the laugh this early in the morning, I needed it. Travel anonymously, why? What is it that you have to hide?

Wow. this is just brilliant. Using this "if you have nothing to hide, we should be able to do whatever we want" logic... there's no need for all those pesky court orders for wiretaps, or for warrants to search private property. or those darned constitutional amendments that make government work and investigation of US citizens so very hard. Wow, the money saved can be put to demanding digitally signed boarding passes, or more BDO's or an 8th boarding pass check...
Much more scary than the terrorists these clowns have never found.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
I wouldn't get excited; he probably doesn't know what anonymously actually means.

Obviously hasn't read what's on the Statue of Liberty:
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN
I'd say it qualifies as essential. YMMV.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 4:46 pm

I, too, puked in my mouth a little when reading that.

The Pet Shop Boys song, "Integral," speaks to us all:

http://www.metrolyrics.com/integral-...shop-boys.html

(Excellent song, by the way. I highly recommend you get it.)

"If you've done nothing wrong,
you've nothing to fear
If you've something to hide,
you shouldn't even be here"

It was written in response to Britain's national ID card:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4763874.stm
http://www.no2id.net/
Old Apr 2, 2008, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by KleineFrau
I, too, puked in my mouth a little when reading that.

The Pet Shop Boys song, "Integral," speaks to us all:
And for those of us a little older.... the following lyrics should be required knowledge for all those at DHS.

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away
Buffalo Springfield, "For What It's Worth"
Old Apr 3, 2008, 10:29 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by @Elevate!
To the TSA/BDO crew down in Orlando, good job!! I love seeing the program I believe in so much be implemented exactly the way its supposed to, and in doing so providing that addition layer of protection to the public, and critics alike! GREAT GREAT JOB!!!
Sickening.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:12 am

Programs: US/*A, Marriott, ICH, Budget, Avis
I'm gonna have to raise the ole Bravo Sierra flag here...

False Major Premise: "If you have nothing to hide...." does not equal "anonymity" does not equal "privacy".

What's next, banning window dressings?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.