Search

Top 10 list of TSA complaints

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2008, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by LessO2
Let me get this straight.

You're saying, with a straight face, that the number on the nameplate, next to the name of the TSAer, was on public display for nothing more than ordering uniforms?
If so, knowing TSA, would you be surprised?
Old Oct 13, 2008, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Scubatooth
I have a extensive working background in chemistry and physics due to the nature of my job. If you want to see something really shocking and potentially life threatening come on down because i will rock your world. heck i dont even need 3oz do the job either i can get it done in about a ounce and half (50cc).

Interesting but would ETD find it?

if you hate your job find another one, because what you do is un-american and in my eye treason.

Why have you decided that I work for TSA?
Old Oct 13, 2008, 10:27 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
ETD wouldnt find this because its not a explosive, totally inert but is just as effective.

well your comments lead us to believe you work for TSA, that or your a really big fan
Old Oct 13, 2008, 10:36 am

because

ETD wouldnt find this because its not a explosive, totally inert but is just as effective.

Yes I would like to see or know the chemical compound and how something completely inert is also volatile?

well your comments lead us to believe you work for TSA, that or your a really big fan

But now your just as bad, you made an assumption on the basis of nothing...sound familiar? I am forever a student and my opinion is mine fan or not, I think TSA is a good idea however the application leaves a lot to be desired. But seriously your mad because of the order of the procedure and the fact that you gotta take of your shoes? spare me. The other crap that goes on such as stealing and power hunger it is just as bad as any other human who got a badge or title, it is misused. Do not misunderstand me I do not condone the actions I just do not understand the sheer hatred.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 10:53 am

The combo is vecuronium, adenosine, lidocaine, and potassium.

As for your second set of comments i will leave that for another post as its needs it own. In short TSA is fubar from the top to the bottom.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Spiff
If you want to feel safe, I suggest Xanax, Valium, or cannabis. If you want to actually be safe, completely destroying TSA and using private contractors without government interference will eliminate the need to use feel-safe drugs.
Why have screening at all Spiff? You have said all government needs to be removed from civilian aviation, so why have screening at all? Just pay your money and take your chances. Odds are in your favor you'll be just fine.

Now if you have that other stuff you mentioned in your first sentence we can talk.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 11:19 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by law dawg
Why have screening at all Spiff? You have said all government needs to be removed from civilian aviation, so why have screening at all? Just pay your money and take your chances. Odds are in your favor you'll be just fine.
Screening should be done by private security contractors with no government interference.

I'd be ok with pay your money, take your chances as it already exists: general aviation. For commercial aviation, airlines should be free to compete on what security, if any, they choose to offer.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Spiff
Screening should be done by private security contractors with no government interference.

I'd be ok with pay your money, take your chances as it already exists: general aviation. For commercial aviation, airlines should be free to compete on what security, if any, they choose to offer.
Fair enough. The "if any" is my point. If we're not looking at it from a national security perspective (US airspace) then it's a company decision and they should be allowed to opt out, if they wish.

Of course this is all hypothetical because it'll never, evah happen.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fair enough. The "if any" is my point. If we're not looking at it from a national security perspective (US airspace) then it's a company decision and they should be allowed to opt out, if they wish.

Of course this is all hypothetical because it'll never, evah happen.
It's not like TSA's securing the airspace anyway.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 12:38 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Priority Club Plat
What if a terrorist were to get a job at TSA... letting their buddies all in with him over time... then make sure to let their buddies with explosives and all through security... and then next thing you know, BAM, another plane exploded...

We could play what if scenarios for years...
Old Oct 13, 2008, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by speedster1978
What if a terrorist were to get a job at TSA... letting their buddies all in with him over time... then make sure to let their buddies with explosives and all through security... and then next thing you know, BAM, another plane exploded...

We could play what if scenarios for years...
Any group who wanted to exploit TSA will have already planted people. There are enough people in the US who could pass TSA muster, not to mention the excessive turnerover in TSA personnel.

Besides, the holes TSA has in it's on procedures are as wide as they can be. Airport workers entering the ramp area in vehicles are only randomly inspected. Then we have cargo and mail. If someone wants to compromise an airplane then plenty of methods are available.

Screening passengers is just about a complete waste of time if keeping bad things off airplanes is the goal.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy
It's not like TSA's securing the airspace anyway.
Oh sure, throw that in my face!
Old Oct 13, 2008, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh sure, throw that in my face!
It was so glaringly obvious that I thought even you wouldn't go there.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 4:21 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Any group who wanted to exploit TSA will have already planted people. There are enough people in the US who could pass TSA muster, not to mention the excessive turnerover in TSA personnel.

Besides, the holes TSA has in it's on procedures are as wide as they can be. Airport workers entering the ramp area in vehicles are only randomly inspected. Then we have cargo and mail. If someone wants to compromise an airplane then plenty of methods are available.

Screening passengers is just about a complete waste of time if keeping bad things off airplanes is the goal.
I agree totally... if your going to do something, do it consistent, and to everyone... exempting certain groups and people, just opens up your security wide open...
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:44 pm

The combo is vecuronium, adenosine, lidocaine, and potassium.
CW where did you go? did you take your toys and go home?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.