Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Backscatter X-Ray at Phoenix is here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2007, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Don't worry -- they will send the Eyewitness News team out to MCO and will have no problem at all finding the "anything for security" and "I have nothing to hide" crowd. Then, the TSA Spokeshole will be interviewed with the same spin, proclaim it to be perfectly safe, and caution the sheople that they will be patted down if they refuse to be X-Ray'd.

Either don't dare watch the news today or hope that Britney does something really stupid before about 4:00pm.
It's already starting....http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070223/..._ray_screening

Quote from a passenger: Passenger Kristen Rodgers, 22, of Little Rock, Ark., who did not go through the screening, likened it to going to the doctor.

"If you tell yourself they have to look at that all day long, it makes yourself feel better," Rodgers said. "If it's just for security, just for 45 seconds, I think it would be worth catching somebody with something harmful
Old Feb 23, 2007, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
"Privacy and security are not mutually exclusive..." said TSA Administrator Kip Hawley.
Must be a different Kip Hawley.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by skAAtinsteph
Just remember it's optional and you can choose to have the standard pat down instead.
Being seen naked with the help of an x-ray (for frequent travelers, that cannot be good on purely an exposure level) or felt up. Gee, how do I choose?
Old Feb 23, 2007, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rep. Harry Mitchell
"....the screening is voluntary."

So was shoe removal.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 3:18 pm
Suspended

MSNBC: backscatter images MIGHT be stored after test period

Today we are being told that the filtered images taken by the backscatter are being immediately destroyed.

However, MSNBC reporter Tom Costello says that there is concern that after the test period, the TSA will begin storing the unfiltered scans.

Nope, no privacy issues here.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by uswest33
It's already starting....http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070223/..._ray_screening

Quote from a passenger: Passenger Kristen Rodgers, 22, of Little Rock, Ark., who did not go through the screening, likened it to going to the doctor.

"If you tell yourself they have to look at that all day long, it makes yourself feel better," Rodgers said. "If it's just for security, just for 45 seconds, I think it would be worth catching somebody with something harmful

What an idiot. My doctor is a professional, someone I trust.
The TSA is neither.

The Interstate looks better and better all the time.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by uswest33

Easy enough to find her address - somebody needs to sit down and write her a letter explaining the facts of life.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 10:14 pm

Unbelievable.

http://www.drudgereport.com/xray.jpg

Please. I can see the guy's testicles.

I would like to know when this craziness is going to stop, and how long the American people are going to put up with it.

This is a country that has a hissie fit when a tit shows up on TV, but that is willing to be stripped naked in front of total strangers in the name of "security".

Dear USA: At some point, you lose your pride and what you stand for.

P.S.: I'll gladly write "Kip Hawley is an idiot", in metallic paint on my chest, for their enjoyment.

Last edited by Droneklax; Feb 23, 2007 at 10:23 pm
Old Feb 24, 2007, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Droneklax
Unbelievable.

http://www.drudgereport.com/xray.jpg

Please. I can see the guy's testicles.

I would like to know when this craziness is going to stop, and how long the American people are going to put up with it.

This is a country that has a hissie fit when a tit shows up on TV, but that is willing to be stripped naked in front of total strangers in the name of "security".

Dear USA: At some point, you lose your pride and what you stand for.

P.S.: I'll gladly write "Kip Hawley is an idiot", in metallic paint on my chest, for their enjoyment.

I believe your link goes to a description of the older model that was rejected. The newer models, as shown in the posts above, show only a chalk outline..not unlike that on "etch-a-sketch". But that seems to not be the real issue here. The fact that they are doing it at all will cause most here to discount any method offered, no matter how unintrusive the technology is. Only in America will people lift their shirts during Mardi Gras and Girls Gone Wild, go on Jerry Springer and talk about their lesbian dog's affair with their cousin, post disgusting or provocative pictures on MySpace and YouTube...and then complain about a chalk outline of their body discretely viewed by a same sex security agent after they have alarmed at the airport. Gotta love it. If a chalk outline of your one's body is a source of concern, try this: http://www.bowflex.com
Old Feb 24, 2007, 7:25 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The Indian government has rejected this nonsense and have decided their one virtual stripsearch device has no place in the process of screening the flying public as a condition to fly from Indian airports. ^^
Old Feb 24, 2007, 7:46 am
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps they should keep the high-resolution model and deny boarding to anyone with a blood clot.

msv
Old Feb 24, 2007, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by hiltonhead
If a chalk outline of your one's body is a source of concern, try this: http://www.bowflex.com
Actually, that didn't even cross my mind. FYI, I hit the gym four times a week and today is chest day, since you asked. My chalk outline against yours, buddy.

I made the point about America's bipolar attitude in my post.

I find it disconcerting that you do not see how intrusive and pointless this is.

Incidentally: Bowflex, huh? LOL. Hope it works out for you.^
Old Feb 24, 2007, 8:12 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium

Evidently not until the Kool-Aid drinking travelers like this lady wise-up:

"It seems faster. I'm not uncomfortable with it," said Kelsi Dunbar, 25, of Seattle, who chose the machine. "I trust TSA, and I trust that they are definitely trying to make things go quickly and smoothly in the airport.
Here’s a link to today’s full story.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 8:36 am

Actually, that didn't even cross my mind. FYI, I hit the gym four times a week and today is chest day, since you asked. My chalk outline against yours, buddy.

I made the point about America's bipolar attitude in my post.

I find it disconcerting that you do not see how intrusive and pointless this is.

Incidentally: Bowflex, huh? LOL. Hope it works out for you.^
1) Actually, I was only showing the bipolar attitude moving in the opposite direction...and pointing out that your link was inaccurate.

2) I'm glad that you find time to work out daily, more Americans should do so. Sorry you took the post personal, but at least we all now know that you are proud of your chalk outline.

3) I do not see that it is intruive at all. It is not mandatory, only comes into play when alarms are activated, and shows a chalk outline.

4) I don't use Bowflex either, but it was easy to spell and served the purpose of discussion.

5) If you don't agree with a post, simply state that...thumping your chest, challenges, "double-dog dares", and personal attacks are usually ignored.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 9:16 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by hiltonhead
1) Actually, I was only showing the bipolar attitude moving in the opposite direction...and pointing out that your link was inaccurate.

2) I'm glad that you find time to work out daily, more Americans should do so. Sorry you took the post personal, but at least we all now know that you are proud of your chalk outline.

3) I do not see that it is intruive at all. It is not mandatory, only comes into play when alarms are activated, and shows a chalk outline.

4) I don't use Bowflex either, but it was easy to spell and served the purpose of discussion.

5) If you don't agree with a post, simply state that...thumping your chest, challenges, "double-dog dares", and personal attacks are usually ignored.
When it shows who has a tampon or is using a sanitary pad, it's not personal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.