Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

SEA to be test site for Bioterror drill,tomorrow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2006, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Seattle Times,On Saturday 38,000 homes will receive "little empty boxes" with a flier explaining This Is Just A Drill.After a real attack the box would contain antibiotics to counteract anthrax,plague,tularemia or some other deadly bacteria that terrorists might spread.Between 0730 and 1630 Saturday 41 mail carriers will deliver the test boxes,Police will accompany the carriers but will not approach the residences.This drill is part of the Federal Governments Cities awareness program.And No I did not mae this up.Wonder if 911 calls will be up tomorrow?

Last edited by thebug622; Nov 10, 2006 at 2:45 pm
Old Nov 10, 2006, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by thebug622
contract(sic - counteract surely ?)

anthrax,plague,tularemia or some other deadly bacteria that terrorists might spread.
Should it ever stop raining long enough
Old Nov 10, 2006, 1:26 pm

Huh?

Originally Posted by thebug622
Seattle Times,On Saturday 38,000 homes will receive "little empty boxes" with a flier explaining This Is Just A Drill.After a real attack the box would contain antibiotics to contract anthrax,plague,tularemia or some other deadly bacteria that terrorists might spread.Between 0730 and 1630 Saturday 41 mail carriers will deliver the test boxes,Police will accompany the carriers but will not approach the residences.This drill is part of the Federal Governments Cities awareness program.And No I did not mae this up.Wonder if 911 calls will be up tomorrow?
After a real attack, the box would contain antibiotics to contract
anthrax, plague, etc. ? ...? Shouldn't that read "the box would contain
antibiotics to counter-act anthrax, plague," etc. ?
Old Nov 10, 2006, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by GeneralAviation
After a real attack, the box would contain antibiotics to contract
anthrax, plague, etc. ? ...? Shouldn't that read "the box would contain
antibiotics to counter-act anthrax, plague," etc. ?
If it were a real attack it likely wouldn't make a difference. Who would they get to drive the postal vehicle? How would they prevent it from spreading whatever was dispersed? Finally, the police cars are being sent with the postal vehicles for a reason. In a real emergency one car isn't going to be enough...
Old Nov 10, 2006, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wally Bird
Should it ever stop raining long enough
Your right counteract is the word
Old Nov 10, 2006, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
No Bio Mass in the Mayors Brain

"Seattle Times,On Saturday 38,000 homes will receive "little empty boxes" with a flier explaining This Is Just A Drill.After a real attack the box would contain antibiotics to counteract anthrax,plague,tularemia or some other deadly bacteria that terrorists might spread."

You hear on the radio there really has been a bio attack in your town. It says when you get home, on the door is a box LEFT BY AN UNSEEN STRANGER. Lets take a vote: How many of you would EAT PILLS LEFT ON YOUR DOORSTEP BY AN UNSEEN STRANGER?

Prediction: Bioterrorists will always attack on Sundays. The postman overtime will bankrupt us.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
USPS delivery? Wonder how many will be delivered up to 5 days late? And how many won't make it at all?
Old Nov 10, 2006, 3:45 pm
Suspended

I have visions of this becoming an Orson Wells "War of the Worlds" type thing.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 3:49 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AF, SPG and Tivo!
I heard that they are only being delivered in the NE section. Greeeaaat. I'll let you all know if I have a strange box on my doorstep.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 5:38 pm

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Ahh, Reverse Trick or Treating
Old Nov 10, 2006, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Flaflyer
You hear on the radio there really has been a bio attack in your town. It says when you get home, on the door is a box LEFT BY AN UNSEEN STRANGER. Lets take a vote: How many of you would EAT PILLS LEFT ON YOUR DOORSTEP BY AN UNSEEN STRANGER?

Prediction: Bioterrorists will always attack on Sundays. The postman overtime will bankrupt us.
ROTFL!!! ^ ^ ^ ha ha ha ha!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.