Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2003, 3:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
SFO

I have a serious security issue I have been trying to point out to the authorities at SFO. I have been trying now for 6 weeks to contact someone. I have not had a reply to any of the faxes or emails I have sent. Does anyone know of an email address I can contact that can highlight a serious flaw in the security at this airport.

my email is [email protected] and I appreciate any advice that can be given
Old Feb 4, 2003, 6:27 am

Ok, I know I was not going to post on here any more, but I have to get this out. SFO is NOT under the TSA yet. There was an agreement that a PRIVATE security company would provide screeners. If they fail to meet the federal standards, then TSA will take over. I suggest you contact the airport itself as TSA has no jurisdiction at SFO.
Old Feb 4, 2003, 6:46 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
Hey, gliner ... welcome back
Old Feb 4, 2003, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
The legislation that set up the TSA permitted a small number of airports (3 or 5; can't recall) to continue using private security. This was the Democrats' one concession to the Republicans, who wanted all airports to operate that way. Anyway, I believe that SFO is the only large airport affected by this "experiment."

Bruce
Old Feb 4, 2003, 8:49 pm

However, the FSD is a TSA employee (Edward Gomez). I have been told that management is also run by TSA to make sure federal policies and procedures are being upheld.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ACES II:
Ok, I know I was not going to post on here any more, but I have to get this out. SFO is NOT under the TSA yet. There was an agreement that a PRIVATE security company would provide screeners. If they fail to meet the federal standards, then TSA will take over. I suggest you contact the airport itself as TSA has no jurisdiction at SFO.</font>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.