Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United baggage terminal at LGA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
They ask to see your baggage claim slip.

Pretty sure the OP is just confused. I've been through LGA well over 100 times, at least a dozen times with a checked bag, and have never been asked for ID to take my bag out of the claim area, only baggage claim slip. Never had colleagues who check bags asked to show ID, only baggage claim slips.
Nah, this is has happened to me at LGA as well but US or AA arrival. It was an airport contractor and it just created a unnecessary mob. The bag tag matched the claim tag but he either didn't know which lines to check or was illiterate. He requested ID and wasn't fluent enough to explain why when I refused. After talking a circle, I just told him to call Port Authority police if there was an issue and walked off.

This was before the airport employees were protesting in January so I figured they were just trying to make everyone appear as essential.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
United baggage terminal at LGA

Same thing with AA at LGA. Last time the checker ripped off the baggage tag after verifying. I guess some thieves do try to "attach" an old tag to claim a bag.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:11 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
It's hit and miss at SJU like this, but it's airport personnel matching tags to ID. I just rip my tags off after I get my bag and walk out the door.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:58 pm

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
I wish they would do this!

Ions ago we had to show our baggage claim, and each bag was checked. Unfortunately that is no longer done. I'm not so self important to think I must get out immediately. Well that, and I don't smoke.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 8:05 pm

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
gobluetwo

I like your flights maps!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.