Wiki Posts
Search

yellow fever

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hilton
yellow fever

About 6 years ago, I went on a trip to Uganda and had " all the shots"' I was given a card that said I had yellow fever shots for immigration, though I do not recall if anyone looked at it.I still carry it with my passport for international travel, though no one has ever asked for it. Do I still need to carry it?
Old Jul 19, 2014, 6:55 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Only if you are traveling to/from regions in which yellow fever is endemic (or countries which require all travelers provide proof of vaccination upon entry).

Some countries which do not currently have yellow fever but which have the right conditions for it will require proof of vaccination if you've recently been to areas with yellow fever.

There is a lot of info from the US CDC which may help.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by exerda
Only if you are traveling to/from regions in which yellow fever is endemic.
Of course, enforcement of the vaccination requirement is a joke in many countries. I've landed at one country in particular where I witnessed a vaccination booklet used by one passenger passed back to other passengers for reuse at the airport upon arrival.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:38 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Yeah, it's still required in some countries. My folks had to get a new book since they lost their old ones when they traveled to Brazil a few weeks ago.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
I've been to Brasil over 50 times in the last 11 years. I've never had a yellow fever vaccination, and no one there has ever asked for proof of one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.