Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Airports that require you to reclear security on international transit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airports that require you to reclear security on international transit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
IME, re screened at NRT
Old Jun 25, 2014, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Maybe I should retitle this thread "Airports that don't require you to reclear security on international transit" and list those in the wiki...
Old Jun 27, 2014, 1:15 pm

It's not the "airport", it's the origin, which appears to be entirely racist in nature. Flying into FRA from DOH, I had to get re-screened. Flying into FRA a few days later from PRG, I didn't. What is there to "trust about another country's procedures?" If I were a terrorist, and the other country's procedures were crap, the aircraft would be a smouldering wreck imbedded into the side of your parliament building. Since the aircraft landed safely at your airport, it follows, ipso facto,that I am not a terrorist, so what is the point of the additional screening? What kind of moron terrorist would successfully smuggle a bomb/weapon onto a flight, and then decide to try to instead use it on a connecting flight? Do the security people really believe that terrorists are as stupid as they are?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Blogndog
What kind of moron terrorist would successfully smuggle a bomb/weapon onto a flight, and then decide to try to instead use it on a connecting flight? Do the security people really believe that terrorists are as stupid as they are?
It's been attempted -- to go after an onward connection.

The printer bomber was alleged to have had that in mind. The underwear bomber too.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL FO
Late post, but I've been rescreened at SYD, TPE, and HND. The function is built in really, you can't do your transfer without going through security to get to the departure area. Its never taken me more than a couple of minutes to get through, so it doesn't bother me. I suppose that's not true everywhere though.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I don't mind being rescreened, but it bothers me if I get a bottle of wine or water on a plane (from a FA perhaps), and I've transiting, I have to toss it because it's over 100 mL. I mean they sell this at the freaking airport!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:11 pm

I have flown via Munich and Frankfurt from Europe. On my last flight from Barcelona-Munich-Vancouver-SFO I only had to re-clear security at Vancouver before going into the USA. At Munich it was just Passport Control and that was it.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by jackal
all airports in US/Canada/Mexico as there is no such thing as an international transfer without entering the country
This isn't true. You can connect in YYZ (e.g. PHL-YYZ-LHR) without entering Canada. There's no additional security either.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:26 pm
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
My experience:

DTW - CDG:
No rescreening in CDG.

AMS - DTW:
Rescreening in DTW.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
This isn't true. You can connect in YYZ (e.g. PHL-YYZ-LHR) without entering Canada. There's no additional security either.
It is possible to transit Canada via YYZ on an international itinerary from the US on Air Canada which doesn't involve clearing an additional airport security screening in Canada. However, all such transits of mine do involve my submitting the same CBSA declaration forms I do when staying in Canada; and these transits often involve having my passport being stamped by CBSA even as I don't have to clear my checked-in luggage at YYZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.