Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pain Medication into Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Pain Medication into Dubai

I am prescribe 400 mg per day of Tramadol, which I will take with me on a four day trip to Dubai. If I have a note from my doctor, should I encounter any problems in Dubai Customs?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:01 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Narcotics are not permitted in the UAE. I am not sure if Tramadol is considered a narcotic, but I would suggest contacting their consulate or embassy in your country for a definitive answer. Also look at http://www.uaeinteract.com/travel/drug.asp
Old Apr 20, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Looks like it's on the list of banned drugs to me. It appears you can bring it into the country as a prescribed medication but if they're serious about the documentation required it sounds like it'll be more than a note from your doctor.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:07 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
notes here from the Ministry of HEalth

MINISTRY OF HEALTH UNITED ARAB EMIRATES Directorate of Drug Control

Guidelines for the Customs control at Airports. Seaports Post offices and by road etc for the importation of medicines for personal use .

Resident and non resident patients should not bring narcotic medicines into the country without the prior approval from the Ministry of Health.
Each case will be studied and approved. A valid prescription and medical report from the concerned hospital or department will be required.
Medicines that arrive in the country via postal courier can not be released to the patient unless the above requirements are fulfilled.
(Containing a substance listed in the current version of the International
Convention on Psychotropic substances 1971 2 Containing a substance listed in the current version of the single Convention on Narcotic drugs )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.