Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shirts w/ Metallic Design

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Shirts w/ Metallic Design

On a recent trip, the TSO directed my girlfriend to a WTMD and stated it was because of the metallic design/material on her t-shirt. She purposely wore the same shirt on our next flight, and the same thing happened - at a different airport. Just an idea for those of you seeking an easy way out of the nudoscopes... Have any of you experienced this?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
No, but those things could be the new pet rock fad if word gets out. Very useful find. ^
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: ExPlAAt; United 1K
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Have any of you experienced this?
I have a friend who wears tops with sequins and glitter for this very reason. She's invariably directed to WTMD, not treated as an opt out. The tops would look silly on me, however.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:43 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
There have at least one thread about it (with a link to a Washington post story)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/check...-machines.html
Old Jul 31, 2012, 7:10 am

Tried this a few minutes ago at ORD, and it didn't work. I wore a shirt with scattered sequins & a bit of glitter. Maybe the shirt wasn't flashy enough, I was directed towards the NOS. I don't know if the scattered amount of sequins would've messed with the scanner or not, I opted out. My first opt out experience, it wasn't too bad.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jackonferry
I have a friend who wears tops with sequins and glitter for this very reason. She's invariably directed to WTMD, not treated as an opt out. The tops would look silly on me, however.
And she doesn't get the pat down?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.