Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

L-Word Star Kicked Off Southwest Flight For Kissing Girlfriend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2011, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Two questions:
1. Why does this type of thing seem to always occur on Southwest?
2. Why does this never happen on a flight I'm on?

I'll be the first to say that Southwest is a commercial business and they can do what they want in terms of on-board policy. I guess the good news is that they didn't feel compelled to call out the F-16s and the airport cops or divert the flight somewhere.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 6:17 am

Awfully misleading headline on the original article (which was copied as the headline for this thread).

1. The airline says the activity was "excessive". That'll be hard to evaluate, one way or another.

2. More importantly: I don't know how you can characterize this as being "kicked off" a flight, when the discussion with ground personnel happens when the plane reaches its destination. How can you be "kicked off" a flight after the flight is over?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 6:55 am

They fly more passengers than any other airline.
They fly more passengers out of California than any other airline
Old Sep 27, 2011, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jkhuggins
2. More importantly: I don't know how you can characterize this as being "kicked off" a flight, when the discussion with ground personnel happens when the plane reaches its destination. How can you be "kicked off" a flight after the flight is over?
Bingo. Publicity whore. Can't get the media to hear her unless she whines real loud.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:31 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
As this has is only about Travel Safety/Security if one is playing the Kevin Bacon game this thread is being closed.

For those who wish to continue the discussion about the incident please do so in the Southwest forum where a thread was began yesterday.

Lesbian Leisha Hailey kicked off WN flight

~magic111

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.