Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Stats

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2014, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

TSA Stats

Does anyone happen to know if and where legitimate TSA statistics are published? I found a TSA blog that touts their "success stories" but I would only consider it a partial truth. Several other publications indicate that for every "success story" there are probably many more misses by the TSA. I would imagine that the real truth lies somewhere in between.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by kdmellow
Does anyone happen to know if and where legitimate TSA statistics are published? I found a TSA blog that touts their "success stories" but I would only consider it a partial truth. Several other publications indicate that for every "success story" there are probably many more misses by the TSA. I would imagine that the real truth lies somewhere in between.

Thanks in advance.
Who would be compiling these "statistics" on misses?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:21 am

I calculated my own stat, similar to a "Batting Average."
250 million people checked, 0 terrorists discovered.
It works out to a clean .000 average.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kdmellow

Thanks in advance.
The only stats they contrive are the ones they use to pander to Congress. The weekly gun total on Propaganda Village is but one example of their pandering.

There is no incentive for them to keep any meaningful statistics. First of all, one would have to answer the question of which metrics are worth keeping track of and why?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.