?? Baggage Theft by Airline Employees ??

Old Aug 24, 2011, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

?? Baggage Theft by Airline Employees ??

We have several threads related to the arrest of TSA employees for theft of articles in passenger checked and hand carried baggage. Have not been able to find any information related to similar theft by airline employees. Am interested in comparing the 2011 theft occurrences of the both groups,TSA and airlines.

Am only interested in arrests related to baggage theft. No other crimes such as rape,car jacking, drugs etc. please.

Would appreciate postings,
Thanks
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
There's this thing called Google. Enter "baggage theft by airline employees." Lots of stuff.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 1:19 pm

Programs: Independent Libertarian
MIA was a major bust.

Originally Posted by OnTheAsile
We have several threads related to the arrest of TSA employees for theft of articles in passenger checked and hand carried baggage. Have not been able to find any information related to similar theft by airline employees. Am interested in comparing the 2011 theft occurrences of the both groups,TSA and airlines.

Am only interested in arrests related to baggage theft. No other crimes such as rape,car jacking, drugs etc. please.

Would appreciate postings,
Thanks
==================================================
I don't have the link or date but when I was working there was a BIG bust at Miami. Lots of employees. It involved both drugs & pax luggage thefts.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bajajoes
I don't have the link or date but when I was working there was a BIG bust at Miami. Lots of employees. It involved both drugs & pax luggage thefts.
Thanks,
Everything I can find is pre 2011. TSA arrest sats are easily available online along with numerous articles about the increasing rate of the problem.
TSA management seems to think it is a minor problem when looking at the total number of passengers they process each year. It is not taking any pro-active steps to eliminate the problem. It is beginning to look like a federally sanctioned gang of thieves and thugs rather than an agency that is mandated to protect the public.

I am working on a comparison between TSA and Airlines baggage thefts.
Again I am looking for ONLY arrest reports of airline employees related to luggage thefts in 2011.

Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:09 am

really sad and concerning to have to worry about this while taking a trip.. so unfortunate.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:20 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Not sure this belongs here

But not sure where else it would belong.
TO the OP - it seems you're searching for data, which you might be best advised to find on your own through search engines. If you're looking for anecdotal accounts, some here may be able to provide some info but it's just that - anecdotal.

Although I disagree with the manner in which it was stated, I too might suggest you drill down through some search engines.

thanks

squeakr

co Mod TS/S
Old Nov 15, 2013, 12:57 am

Programs: internet
Thief personal effect from check-in Baggage at Don Mueang Airport (Bangkok)

I am travel by AirAsia FD2755 Bangkok to Yangon on 11/Oct/2013
I am check in my baggage at Don Mueang Airport (Bangkok). When I am get baggage at Yangon, I loss two external Hard disk, notebook charges, wireless mouse, backup battery and phone charges. I am contact to Airlines office (Bangkok and Yangon), they say not found.

I believe that My baggage is not log by key. So some of Ground staff theft my personal effect from my baggage when they transfer to carrier.

So all travel, be-carefully check-in your baggage at Don Mueang Airport (Bangkok). Airlines are not guarantee for this loss case.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by tein009

I am travel by AirAsia FD2755 Bangkok to Yangon on 11/Oct/2013
I am check in my baggage at Don Mueang Airport (Bangkok). When I am get baggage at Yangon, I loss two external Hard disk, notebook charges, wireless mouse, backup battery and phone charges. I am contact to Airlines office (Bangkok and Yangon), they say not found.

I believe that My baggage is not log by key. So some of Ground staff theft my personal effect from my baggage when they transfer to carrier.

So all travel, be-carefully check-in your baggage at Don Mueang Airport (Bangkok). Airlines are not guarantee for this loss case.
Why on earth would you check something that you should know (by reading the contract you signed by purchasing the ticket) is excluded for coverage by the airline? Anything of value (monetary or otherwise) should either be carried on or shipped by a reputable company that offers the option to buy insurance coverage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.