Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Where have you seen a "If you see something, say something" sign recently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2011, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York

Just saw one on the televator in our office building yesterday. Well, I did see some moldy food in the cafeteria. And a suspicious looking guy wheeling around a catering cart. I mean, he didn't do anything suspicious, but he could be one of those people.

Mike
Old Jul 22, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Theres a big light up one on the freeway that runs past the MSP airport that i pass regularly. "i see a eagle near the flight path! reroute flights so you dont hit it!" Really? who ever calls on any of these
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
Not an SS,SS sign, but I did see a sign in the T station a few days ago warning that while taking photographs of the T is not illegal, doing it while acting in a suspicious manner may be cause for removal. Or something equally stupid. I'll get a picture if I think about it.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Which station? I have yet to see one on my daily green-line torture, although there are occasionally police officers doing random checks outside Govt Ctr.

Mike
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
Kendall outbound, on the red line. There was a bag-check stop at Wollaston the other day, too, but I have found out that if you breeze by them with a "don't touch my stuff" look on your face, they don't stop you.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DC Metro -- all over the place, including Nappy mindlessly droning about it on the loudspeakers at the stations.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:53 am

There are variations of that in almost every car and station of the subway and all commuter railroads in the NYC area.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, United
I've seen 'em on the city buses here in CMH.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 11:23 am

If we followed the instructions on that sign, the world would grind to a shuddering halt.

I see suspicious things every day.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:18 pm

There was a sign like that at the Mall of America in Minnesota. I think that was late May or early June.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
I saw one at the Amtrak station in Lamy, New Mexico. This is a place quite literally in the middle of nowhere - you cannot even get cell phone reception there. Given how few people ever go there, I guess it would be suspicious if someone in a hoodie was looking around and furtively taking notes. I would wonder about their mental capacities, and I would most definitely not report it.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Parking lot at Gurnee Mills Mall, which is north of Chicago.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 3:28 pm

Lots of little airports in the middle of nowhere along with some pretty funny graffiti and cartoons
Old Jul 22, 2011, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft
I saw one at the Amtrak station in Lamy, New Mexico. This is a place quite literally in the middle of nowhere - you cannot even get cell phone reception there. Given how few people ever go there, I guess it would be suspicious if someone in a hoodie was looking around and furtively taking notes. I would wonder about their mental capacities, and I would most definitely not report it.
They're called "Railfans"...
Old Jul 22, 2011, 4:40 pm

Programs: TSA Disparager Gold
I called in a suspicious report myself.
I saw a white guy with a hoodie at the train station reading the Constitution!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.