Global Entry for Swedish citizen and resident

Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:02 am
ehn
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, UA*G, BAEC Silver, FB Gold
Global Entry for Swedish citizen and resident

I'm a Swedish citizen and resident and have signed up with GOES to apply for Global Entry. CBP is vague about what countries you can be a citizen of in order to be eligible, but searching, I found indications elsewhere that Sweden would work.

However, having completed the 17 steps, I find myself with only the option to apply for SENTRI, which seems to be another program (to enter the United States across the land border from Canada or Mexico, which isn't what I'm looking for).

Has anyone successfully applied for Global Entry from Sweden (or other EU countries)?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:12 am
yno

Programs: FB, Accor, Marriot
Checking the website of Global Entry, see http://www.globalentry.gov/eligibility.html , Swedish citizens are not eligible to the program
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:44 am
ehn
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, UA*G, BAEC Silver, FB Gold
Right, that's pretty clear. Thanks! In other sections of the website I just found mentions of "U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the United States and citizens of certain other countries". Here's to hoping more countries are added soon.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM; GE & IRIS
Not clear at all....Sweden isn't mention but if you're a lawful permanent resident it reads as if you would qualify.

Am I missing something?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MileHigh
Not clear at all....Sweden isn't mention but if you're a lawful permanent resident it reads as if you would qualify.

Am I missing something?
Sounds like doesn't qualify as even a lawful US permanent resident.

Swedish citizens resident in most countries are not on the list for those who qualify for US Global Entry. When it comes to Swedes resident in most countries, the primary exception (of being allowed to get Global Entry) is for the minority of Swedish citizens who are also US citizens.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ehn
I'm a Swedish citizen and resident and have signed up with GOES to apply for Global Entry. CBP is vague about what countries you can be a citizen of in order to be eligible, but searching, I found indications elsewhere that Sweden would work.

However, having completed the 17 steps, I find myself with only the option to apply for SENTRI, which seems to be another program (to enter the United States across the land border from Canada or Mexico, which isn't what I'm looking for).

Has anyone successfully applied for Global Entry from Sweden (or other EU countries)?
Dutch Privium members have gotten GE approval.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM; GE & IRIS
From the above link:
Global Entry is open to U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, Dutch citizens, and Mexican nationals. Canadian citizens and residents may enjoy Global Entry benefits through membership in the NEXUS program.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 9:27 pm

I have seen press releases stating that we will be permitting German citizens to join the program but I'm not sure that that has been formally implemented yet.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
I have seen press releases stating that we will be permitting German citizens to join the program but I'm not sure that that has been formally implemented yet.
Germans, Italians, Spanish, British and French are the most likely for inclusion after the Durch due to the surrender monkey nature of the governments when it comes to their citizens/resident information.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:22 am

While I generally applaud the Europeans on their concerns regarding privacy, this is a voluntary program. I don't know that the countries should be faulted for being willing to share information with the US, if the particular citizen authorizes them to share it. I also don't know that the information being shared exceeds the amount of information that these countries have agreed to share with other European member states.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.