Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Has Anyone Used the New Global Entry RFID Card as ID for TSA ID Check?

Has Anyone Used the New Global Entry RFID Card as ID for TSA ID Check?

Old Oct 13, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by mileena
No, there is no photo. I just did a search, and couldn't find it. FTR, unless you post a link, the thing you allege did not occur.
Originally Posted by ediemac1
Thread "Is Global Entry Worthwhile", post 2094.

You're quite welcome
I'll be "That Guy" and actually link to it: post 2094
Old Oct 13, 2011, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
He concurred and said, "We really aren't given much time to conduct training."

Tax dollars at work...
Is it that hard for them to print a page from the TSA website?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mileena
No, there is no photo. I just did a search, and couldn't find it. FTR, unless you post a link, the thing you allege did not occur.
So I guess that makes you arrogant and wrong.

There is another thread with a link to a photo as well. You can search for it yourself.

So wrong twice.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 4:41 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
No issues using mine in TUS or LAS. Although the TSO in LAS took an extra few seconds looking at the card before shrugging and signing my BP.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
no issues in LGA (AA Concourse D) last week nor any problems at ORD on Tuesday with using the GE card...
Old Oct 14, 2011, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by tusphotog
No issues using mine in TUS or LAS. Although the TSO in LAS took an extra few seconds looking at the card before shrugging and signing my BP.
No issues using mine in TUS or LAS SFO or PHX. Although the TSO in LAS PHX took an extra few seconds looking at the card before shrugging and signing my BP.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM; GE & IRIS
The TSA agent at ATL this afternoon (North Terminal) stated he "hadn't seen one of these in years". After that remark, he called over a co-worker who shrugged her shoulders and said "ask him for another ID".

There were a few people behind me so rather than hold up the line I presented my Driver's License.

After clearing, I went to one of the booths and asked for a Supervisor. I showed the GE card and asked if she knew what it was. She acknowledged she did. I then told her one of her ID checkers didn't and wouldn't accept it as a valid government issued ID. She remarked "what's your point?".

After that I simply mentioned perhaps this was a training issue that should be addressed. In return I got an look like who are you to be telling the TSA how to do their job.

Amazing.........
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by MileHigh
The TSA agent at ATL this afternoon (North Terminal) stated he "hadn't seen one of these in years". After that remark, he called over a co-worker who shrugged her shoulders and said "ask him for another ID".

There were a few people behind me so rather than hold up the line I presented my Driver's License.

After clearing, I went to one of the booths and asked for a Supervisor. I showed the GE card and asked if she knew what it was. She acknowledged she did. I then told her one of her ID checkers didn't and wouldn't accept it as a valid government issued ID. She remarked "what's your point?".

After that I simply mentioned perhaps this was a training issue that should be addressed. In return I got an look like who are you to be telling the TSA how to do their job.

Amazing.........
I've reached the point with their unaccountability that I have no problem any more holding the line up. If anyone says anything to me about it, I'll point out that TSA doesn't even follow their own rules & if they did there would be no delay.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL Silver (MM), HH LT Diamond, MR LT Platinum
LAX T5, Delta 50-59 today
"Never seen one of these before"
Asked to see alternate ID.
Showed him my DL which he looked at. Didn't have to take out of wallet.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: DL FO, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
At ATL South in the trusted traveler line my Global Entry Id was refused. She said they were told not to accept it and asked for another id. I told her it was a government id and she just said she knew but they were told not to take it. She was friendly and offered to call over a supervisor. I just showed her my DL because I did not want to bother.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM; GE & IRIS
Originally Posted by AdamS
At ATL South in the trusted traveler line my Global Entry Id was refused. She said they were told not to accept it and asked for another id. I told her it was a government id and she just said she knew but they were told not to take it. She was friendly and offered to call over a supervisor. I just showed her my DL because I did not want to bother.
Inconsistency.....this is probably my major issue with the TSA.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 10:37 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by AdamS
I hope you're filing a complaint which requests that they explain WHY it's not accepted.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
I hope you're filing a complaint which requests that they explain WHY it's not accepted.
And who (allegedly) told the TDC the GE card isn't accepted.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:27 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
i used my ge card in a few places and no issues till ord t1 where the tsa person took out her book of ids and went through it. Couldn't find it in there (well no crap since the book was 2010). She called a sup over which asked for another id . I argued the point this was issued by dhs, but didn't budge. Neither did I. I ended up showing my ua 1k card in addition.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL FO, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I found the list of acceptable id's on tsa.gov. The trusted traveler card is listed, in fact earlier in the list that driver licenses. I will print it out to show if denied again.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...documents.shtm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.