Sitting next to an Air Marshal....

Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by RichardKenner
I remember a discussion in a video on www.whitehouse.gov about the person who's responsible for keeping the President's passport. And Bush had an issue going to Canada because of a previous DUI.

I suspect that President Obama has an official passport from his days as a US Senator. He also probably has a regular tourist passport (blue cover) that he used for personal travel prior to entering the presidency. Not sure whether a sitting president travels on a diplomatic or official passport, or has something special.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36
HM Queen Elizabeth II does not have a passport (under British law the sovereign is exempt), but she has visited the USA plenty of times.
It's also because the passport is issued in her name... but I am not aware of any other cases like hers in the world. Quite a unique situation! So if Prince William becomes King sometime in the future (assuming he skips over... Prince Charles?), will all passports then be issued in his name instead? And will he need a passport to travel to, say, Canada, as he has done earlier this year?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by CX HK
It's also because the passport is issued in her name... but I am not aware of any other cases like hers in the world. Quite a unique situation! So if Prince William becomes King sometime in the future (assuming he skips over... Prince Charles?), will all passports then be issued in his name instead? And will he need a passport to travel to, say, Canada, as he has done earlier this year?

Well, Canada would be one of his realms, correct? Canada is a constitutional monarchy, ruled by (currently) a Queen of Canada, HM Queen Elizabeth II. If Prince William becomes King, he would be King of Canada as well as many other places within the British Commonwealth. Something tells me that a King does not need a passport to visit one of his own realms.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 10:03 pm

Well, Canada would be one of his realms, correct? Canada is a constitutional monarchy, ruled by (currently) a Queen of Canada, HM Queen Elizabeth II. If Prince William becomes King, he would be King of Canada as well as many other places within the British Commonwealth. Something tells me that a King does not need a passport to visit one of his own realms.
I suppose that would make sense. But of course, this is not "King" in the traditional sense of the word... but it would be interesting to see what the new passports would say (not old enough to see UK passports before HM QE II).
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:16 am

Programs: UA/Hawaiian/Marriott
Originally Posted by BillForster
I am glad the stupidity here amazes you. It's nice to know that a mistake in conversation could amuse you so much. It must be nice to be so easily entertained. What amazes me is how rude people are when they hide behind fake names.
Why it amazes me is because so many folks on here think they are all knowing and they are not.....

Further, not all places use what you describe to allow Armed LEOs/FAMS in to the sterile area.....every Airport is different......
Old Aug 2, 2011, 6:26 am

I suspect that President Obama has an official passport from his days as a US Senator. He also probably has a regular tourist passport (blue cover) that he used for personal travel prior to entering the presidency. Not sure whether a sitting president travels on a diplomatic or official passport, or has something special.
Do a search. A sitting president gets a special passport.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:52 pm

I know from working MCI as a LEO....I saw lots of folks that weren't LEOs be allowed to go around security there......
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Google says... special, as in, sitting/past presidents have diplomatic passports. The State Department handles the president's passport when he travels, and does all of his paperwork for him.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bearcat06
I know from working MCI as a LEO....I saw lots of folks that weren't LEOs be allowed to go around security there......
MCI is the airport I hate the most... Brash, all-knowing TSA that feels the need to check damn near every bag that goes through, then take their sweet time in doing so.

Namely the short haired plumpy gal at gate 77... Brunette, shoulder length, middle aged and bitter at life.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by 1pRoscoe
MCI is the airport I hate the most... Brash, all-knowing TSA that feels the need to check damn near every bag that goes through, then take their sweet time in doing so.

Namely the short haired plumpy gal at gate 77... Brunette, shoulder length, middle aged and bitter at life.
MCI is ran by First Line Security and are not TSA .....they are contractors that TSA has oversight on..... Just an FYI......
Old Aug 6, 2011, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bearcat06
MCI is ran by First Line Security and are not TSA .....they are contractors that TSA has oversight on..... Just an FYI......
Makes even more sense... Thanks.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
The Dutch king also does not have a passport.
The Dutch passports mentions the same like sentence, " in name of the king etc etc"
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:17 pm

WhyMe

I was traveling with a connecting flight when I found it strange that the person sitting next to me was actually watching me, I was angry, not everyone that flies is out to do something to hurt other pple, some pple are actually trying to get to there destination. You guys stood out, first don't order what I order, don't watch the map on the screen just because I did, if its a security issue then the airlines should remove the map off the channels, if I go to the bathroom don't follow after me, you look like a lost cowboy, you most certainly stood out, n tell the flight attends not to let pple know you have to empty the plane quickly cause you have to got back to were you came from, i have been doing sercurlty for years and this was at its worst. Make sure you have a hell of a reason to follow some body besides their last name, that's racial profiling, I did everything I was suppose to, I went through TSA and I was cleared, you thought you were one step ahead of me but as soon as I realized what you were doing I sent you on a cat n mouse trail and it lead to a dead end and a pointless trip, go after the real pple, cause it's NOT me
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Nopleasestop
I was traveling with a connecting flight when I found it strange that the person sitting next to me was actually watching me, I was angry, not everyone that flies is out to do something to hurt other pple, some pple are actually trying to get to there destination. You guys stood out, first don't order what I order, don't watch the map on the screen just because I did, if its a security issue then the airlines should remove the map off the channels, if I go to the bathroom don't follow after me, you look like a lost cowboy, you most certainly stood out, n tell the flight attends not to let pple know you have to empty the plane quickly cause you have to got back to were you came from, i have been doing sercurlty for years and this was at its worst. Make sure you have a hell of a reason to follow some body besides their last name, that's racial profiling, I did everything I was suppose to, I went through TSA and I was cleared, you thought you were one step ahead of me but as soon as I realized what you were doing I sent you on a cat n mouse trail and it lead to a dead end and a pointless trip, go after the real pple, cause it's NOT me
Nice first post..... a bunch of babbling non-sense..... SMFH.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Nopleasestop
Huh? Must have been a bad night.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.