Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

ID checker asking questions - name, destination etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ID checker asking questions - name, destination etc.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2011, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by castrobenes
I

If you just want to insult TSOs, well then you and every member of your family is getting a pat down.

castro
I guess this is the vaunted "professionalism" mentioned by Pistole at every opportunity. Yeah, professional bullying, worthy of an ethically challenged chupacabra.
The translation is, "You better be nice to me or I'm going to grab your wife's breasts and fondle your little boy's penis- oops, resistance. Respect by extortion. Consider yourself insulted. Now come and get me for the patdown, big boy.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 6:05 am

I can very my tactics depending on whatever you do...

castro
Yeah, whether it is SOP or not. Thanks for clarifying that TSOs make up crap as they go.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
I would suggest that TSA has lost when it puts people in a position of authority that openly admits to using retaliation during screening.

Why don't you tell us which airport you work at so we can forward your comment to your FSD. I'm sure he would be proud of you.

edit to add:

betting Castro won't man up and say which airport?
Of course he won't. He knows what he threatened is wrong and won't have the courage to stand up for his "principles", however mean-spirited they are.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by MaximumSisu
I have forwarded this thread, with castrobenes' threats highlighted, to the DHS IG, and suggest others do likewise. His and other self-asserted TSO's comments that are, at a minimum, outside the TSA policy for social media and may rise to threats made under color of authority should not be let slide.

Whether the IG will do their job is anybody's guess.
Don't stop at the IG. Send it to Drudge. Do a piece for Daily KOS repeating his threats. Public support is the mother's milk of the TSA. Let's help our resident clerks alienate Americans, one citizen at a time. Drudge has 1.9 unique readership hits/day. If enough of us send a referral to Drudge, it will get a banner headline and stay up for days. KOS has 600,00 per day. One of the other frequenters on this thread has already done his best to alienate veterans 21.9 million (2009 number) and another has gone out of his way to alienate victims of sexual assault by making fun of their reactions to unwanted touching and those victims amount to 213,000 each year. And let's not forget the 32.6 million Americans who are physically unable to use either the WBI or WTMD. Soon, they will be wondering where all the love went.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Where is Castrobenes?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 8:37 am

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by coachrowsey
Where is Castrobenes?
Last Activity: Jul 5, 11 2:40 pm

Lying low?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheRoadie
Last Activity: Jul 5, 11 2:40 pm

Lying low?
He may be lying low but I know of at least two seperate attempts to bring his comments to the attention of DHS/TSA.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 9:32 am

He may be lying low but I know of at least two seperate attempts to bring his comments to the attention of DHS/TSA.
His bosses may have thrown him under the bus, after, of course, everyone on the bus was suitably groped. The huge groan you heard on the 5th was the sound of birthing pains from Pistole, et al, and particularly those in charge of defending all the suits, like the EPIC suit, spawning cows when they realized what Castro had done to their defense. The gist of the TSA defense is that their actions were legitimate administrative searches. Now we have a TSO or management type, admitting that, no, they are retaliatory actions for perceived insults. Oops. No amount of "retraining" is going to unring that bell.
To make it even worse, or better, if you feel like a complete human being without the need for a blue uniform and a dinky badge, is that in any suit by an aggrieved passenger where the agency or TSO defends saying, "It's our SOP." Castro... has stated that it's not. And the whole issue makes their precious SSI discoverable. Of course the TSA can still refuse to disclose it but the appropriate sanction then becomes a default judgment against the defendants, so the TSA gets pounded financially, and the TSO ends up where he would have been anyway, in the absence of having a job groping citizens - broke and homeless.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: Former UA 1P
At this point the argument will be whether someone can refuse to communicate/cooperate with the TDC.

But as a TSM, I would feel uncertain and confused about whether I have the ability to screen someone who refuses to cooperate with the screening process.
Please define "cooperating with the screening process" including the boundaries of "cooperation." E.g., if a TSO asks me to sing the second verse of The Star Spangled Banner, is doing so required for "cooperation?"

IMO, when I show up at the checkpoint, I have submitted myself and my property for screening. I will reluctantly allow you to grope me in a way that would be considered sexual assault in any other context other than a doctor's office or bedroom. I will allow you to x-ray my property, hand search my property, swab my property, and I will grudgingly tolerate searches that go somewhat beyond the bounds of screening for weapons, explosives, and incendiaries, which is TSA's statutory mandate. IMO that is more than enough "cooperation" to be able to exercise my right to freedom of movement, freedom of association, and freedom from being deprived of liberty or property without due process of law.

I am aware of no law or policy that requires me to speak to TSA or anyone else as a condition of travel, and courts have repeatedly ruled that silence alone cannot be grounds for suspicion.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by studentff
Please define "cooperating with the screening process" including the boundaries of "cooperation." E.g., if a TSO asks me to sing the second verse of The Star Spangled Banner, is doing so required for "cooperation?"

IMO, when I show up at the checkpoint, I have submitted myself and my property for screening. I will reluctantly allow you to grope me in a way that would be considered sexual assault in any other context other than a doctor's office or bedroom. I will allow you to x-ray my property, hand search my property, swab my property, and I will grudgingly tolerate searches that go somewhat beyond the bounds of screening for weapons, explosives, and incendiaries, which is TSA's statutory mandate. IMO that is more than enough "cooperation" to be able to exercise my right to freedom of movement, freedom of association, and freedom from being deprived of liberty or property without due process of law.

I am aware of no law or policy that requires me to speak to TSA or anyone else as a condition of travel, and courts have repeatedly ruled that silence alone cannot be grounds for suspicion.
Cooperation seems to mean anything each individual TSA Screener wants it to mean and therein lies the problem.

TSA can't even teach its people which ID's TSA claims are acceptable yet TSA gives these untrained people the ability to illegally interfere with a citizens right to travel.

The only viable answer in my opinion is to fire all current TSA employees and return airport/aircraft security to the owners of the facilities/aircraft.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K
The only viable answer in my opinion is to fire all current TSA employees
Firing is too good for them. I consider them all accomplices and co-conspirators in this illegal circus. "I was just doing my job" is not a defense.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by SFOSpiff
Firing is too good for them. I consider them all accomplices and co-conspirators in this illegal circus. "I was just doing my job" is not a defense.
^
This doesn't/wouldn't work overseas when defending this country, it shouldn't work for circus employees in this country.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by studentff
I hope not, because I don't know it
Old Jul 7, 2011, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by JumboD
There's also no law against having a really, really bad stutter...

Bolding mine...

or an episode of Tourette's

Funny how, though not having Tourette's, it manifests itself when asked stupid questions by weight and mentally challenged morons in blue shirts and tin badges....
Old Jul 7, 2011, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL DM
I've taught my almost five-year old daughter that they're strangers and she shouldn't talk to them. You should see their faces when I they ask her what her name is, she ignores them, and I say, "she doesn't talk to strangers."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.