Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ban the Scan NYC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by SATTSO
Lol I'm a little slow. No jokes, please.

Are you saying it was a bust, or just about?
Not another bust joke from the TSA.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Fredd
Not another bust joke from the TSA.

Nope, the only joke I made was about menbeing slow.

I'm actually, honestly curious about how the rally went. As both a citizen of this country and as a TSA employee I am simply curious. Yet I can't find anything about it on the news.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Nope, the only joke I made was about menbeing slow.
Mrs. Fredd often reminds me that men are slow but I don't think she's joking either.

As to the protest, the MSM covers what they want to cover and the actual number of protesters at a given event does not necessarily have a positive correlation with the resulting press coverage.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:50 pm

I'm actually, honestly curious about how the rally went. As both a citizen of this country and as a TSA employee I am simply curious. Yet I can't find anything about it on the news.
Agreed. I also am very curious to know if there was a good turnout or not, but can't seem to find that information anywhere. Can anyone who was there comment about the approximate size of the crowd?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Bungnoid
Agreed. I also am very curious to know if there was a good turnout or not, but can't seem to find that information anywhere. Can anyone who was there comment about the approximate size of the crowd?
My office was a few blocks away, but I was out of town, so I'm curious too.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Fredd
Mrs. Fredd often reminds me that men are slow but I don't think she's joking either.

As to the protest, the MSM covers what they want to cover and the actual number of protesters at a given event does not necessarily have a positive correlation with the resulting press coverage.

I do understand there is no direct correlation. But news stories usually have certain facts, such as number of people who attended.

Or i would like if some of our FT members who attended would tell us, but so far they haven't.

Last edited by SATTSO; Jun 15, 2011 at 8:11 pm
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:10 pm

I don't want to read a news story because certain facts, outside of opinion if the press, but because of the facts, such as attendance that can be learned.
Good luck!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:37 pm

I'm no good at estimating crowd size, but I'd guess 200 people were there for the rally.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by mybodyismyown
I'm no good at estimating crowd size, but I'd guess 200 people were there for the rally.
If correct, that's pretty small for a rally at Union Square.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by RichardKenner
If correct, that's pretty small for a rally at Union Square.
Yeah, a bit disappointing if accurate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.