PV speaks out on Phil's case

Old Jan 29, 2011, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
For the life of me, I am still trying to figure out a reason why the TSA would even post something like this. In my 35 years of government service, I do not recall a single instance in which any government agency published something like this after a court case had been decided against them.

Can anyone help me figure out the motivation behind this? I'm baffled.
TSA in general, and Blogdad Bob in particular, have only tenuous connections with that state we call "reality".

Originally Posted by hl78
One lies by omission when omitting an important fact, deliberately leaving another person with a misconception. Lying by omission includes failures to correct pre-existing misconceptions.
An action so egregious there is even a Supreme Court decision against it.

Originally Posted by hl78
I'm more curious as to what BB means by thanking the local police for their support. Why one would want to waste police resources for charges which don't stick among a jury of one's peers is beyond me. Of course conspiracy theorists will likely point out that doing so would cause more people to conform to the TSA's requests.
And given past experience, they would be right at a lot of airports.

Remember: Carrying Arabic language flash cards is an arrestable offense, according to the TSA and police in Philadelphia.

Last edited by n4zhg; Jan 29, 2011 at 3:32 pm
Old Jan 29, 2011, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by n4zhg
TSA in general, and Blogdad Bob in particular, have only tenuous connections with that state we call "reality".
Does he have no connection whatsoever to public relations consultants or attorneys??

There is such a strong "You are not going to get the last word" culture in this organization, maybe he just couldn't stop himself posting something so ill-advised.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by TheGolfWidow
Does he have no connection whatsoever to public relations consultants or attorneys??

There is such a strong "You are not going to get the last word" culture in this organization, maybe he just couldn't stop himself posting something so ill-advised.
and, in for the last word---

TSORon in 3...2...1..

An action so egregious there is even a Supreme Court decision against it.
^^
Wow. Are you calling Blogdad Bob a Brady poster?? (in re, a "Brady cop")

I like that...

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 30, 2011 at 10:46 am Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Jan 29, 2011, 3:53 pm

For the life of me, I am still trying to figure out a reason why the TSA would even post something like this. [...]
For all the faults of the TSA Blog, Bob does try to start items based on current events related to TSA --- good, bad, or ugly. If Bob doesn't comment on this case, plenty of folks would complain that the blog was deliberately ignoring the event. Kinda puts Bob in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" position.

In my 35 years of government service, I do not recall a single instance in which any government agency published something like this after a court case had been decided against them.
Technically, this wasn't a case decided against TSA; TSA wasn't a plaintiff or defendant in the case. (Yeah, yeah, the case would've never happened without TSA, but that's another discussion.) So the lawyers who weighed in on this statement (and you can bet there were a bunch) probably gave it the OK to proceed on that basis.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Originally Posted by oboshoe
When I was a child, I believed that only foreign governments published propaganda.

The TSA blogs proves that this was only a childish belief.
The US Gov and especially american media outlets have a long history of pumping out propaganda and misinformation to their own people. Why do you think most american's have no clue about life outside their country? BB is just the latest incarnation of these liars.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nachtnebel
and, in for the last word---

TSORon in 3...2...1..
The primary reason why I wish this board had an "ignore" button...
Old Jan 29, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by jkhuggins
Technically, this wasn't a case decided against TSA; TSA wasn't a plaintiff or defendant in the case. (Yeah, yeah, the case would've never happened without TSA, but that's another discussion.) So the lawyers who weighed in on this statement (and you can bet there were a bunch) probably gave it the OK to proceed on that basis.
Would it at least be fair technically to describe the TSA as the initial complainant? This parsing (not yours as much as that displayed in the TSA blog post) reminds me of my days as a high school principal when Party A, after egging on Parties B and C to fight, then claimed innocent bystander status. I wouldn't let Party A get away with it.

The TSA owns this embarrassment, unless they think they can dump it on the ABQ PD, notwithstanding the metaphorical kisses blown at the end of the post.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nachtnebel
^^
Wow. Are you calling Blogdad Bob a Brady poster?? (in re, a "Brady cop")

I like that...
In the pithy words of my paternal grandmother (may she rest in peace), if it weren't for the automatic censors on this board I'd be calling him everything but a white man.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 5:23 pm
Suspended

It may not have an ignore button, but it certainly has an ignore list feature.

Works fine.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Your ignore list
Old Jan 29, 2011, 6:41 pm

I don't need to ignore Ron. Every time I see someone in a "dialog" with Ron I'm reminded of Brier Rabbit and the Tar Baby. It makes me smile. You folks rile too easily.

Same with Blogger Bob. 'Tis a waste of breath to tangle with 'em.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by TheGolfWidow
I listened to every bit of testimony in that case -- I don't see how it is possible for anyone could come to the conclusions in that blog. Nevermind that the verdicts do not even get a passing mention.
Any reputable blogger posting this would have a line saying the defendant was found not guilty of all charges, even if it was done grudgingly in the last sentence in small font.

Very poor form tsa.blog - it must really stick in their throats
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by oboshoe
When I was a child, I believed that only foreign governments published propaganda.

The TSA blogs proves that this was only a childish belief.
And the best part is..... Your tax dollars pay for this bull sh!t that Bob posts.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
And the best part is..... Your tax dollars pay for this bull sh!t that Bob posts.
As well as writing a bunch of weasel self serving words such as

"... appeared to be trying to film sensitive security information..."
Old Jan 30, 2011, 2:06 pm

Blog updated. They are however still making it sound as though he was 'uncooperative' and that was the reason the alternate was stopped.

He was acquitted, but it was all his fault for not cooperating.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.