Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Heads Up! Senate TSA Oversight Hearing -- 17 Nov

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heads Up! Senate TSA Oversight Hearing -- 17 Nov

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2010, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by fs2k2isfun
I've been trying to get a call through to Hutchinson all afternoon, no success. Someone is calling her and I hope it's about this!
Call her local office in TX if you can't get through to the office in DC. It's not as good, but still better than an email.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt
I've been trying to get a call through to Hutchinson all afternoon, no success. Someone is calling her and I hope it's about this!
Same here. I really hope the lines are jammed with like minded people.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 2:40 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by amejr999
Call her local office in TX if you can't get through to the office in DC. It's not as good, but still better than an email.
I called her Houston office. Guy told me that she goes through security all the time. I asked him if she's ever had a hand go up her skirt like I saw done last week.

I invited her to a NOOD meeting at IAH on 11/24, along with any FTers that want to come and along with any politicians/media. PM me if you are interested in getting on the list to get a gate pass through security.

Last edited by Hedwigkin; Nov 15, 2010 at 2:45 pm Reason: spelling/grammar
Old Nov 15, 2010, 2:48 pm

I just called my house rep, the person answering the phone said it was the first call on the topic they'd recieved (3rd district, CA).. someone out there please make sure its not the last.

I played the "I have a daughter and this is sexual assault" card, legitimately as it turns out..

Lets get this on the legislatures agenda
Old Nov 15, 2010, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
I spoke with a staffer in Senator Boxer's Frenso office this afternoon after emailing her, Sen. Feinstein, and my Representative Nunes (who is on the House ways and means committee). The staffer suggested I fax my signed letter to the D.C. office in order for it to be handled more quickly. 202-228-3864

Since the full body scanner has been installed at FAT, I am always asked to be scanned and I opted out both times in the past month. The reason I opt-out is because of the frequency of my travel (2-3 flights per week), I am uncomfortable frequently subjecting my body to the microwave or x-ray radiation that the machines produce until there are definitive studies released on the effects of long-term, frequent exposure by these machines.

When I opt-out for the hand-screening, I was not anticipating a sexual assault by the TSA officer. For both recent screenings my entire body was touched by both the back and front of the screener’s hands. My thighs, crotch, buttocks, and genitals were thoroughly touched and grabbed through my clothing. I was treated as if I was being placed under arrest.

If the assault policies continue my travel habits and business model will change. I find the entire process both detrimental to growing economic activity (which our country and region desperately needs) and statutory assault.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Drudge just highlighted this in red at the very top, and I hope lots of folks get in touch with the committee members. ^
Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
Hutchison sent me a canned email response that is verbatim of what another poster got on another thread. I just got done sending by fax a reply and rebuttal along with a new letter as well as the original.

Needless to say Im interested in what her reply will be. If its the same inter-rectal cranial infarction the first reply was if she runs for any office in the future i will drop this letter packet in her opponents hands so fast it wont be funny.

I also sent letters to all of the members of the senate committee, so let's see what sticks to the wall.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:52 pm

Slightly OT, but am I the only one who thinks it should be illegal for Congress to pass laws from which they exempt themselves? If it's good enough for us, shouldn't it be good enough for our employees, i.e., Congress?
Old Nov 15, 2010, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
Originally Posted by txboris
Slightly OT, but am I the only one who thinks it should be illegal for Congress to pass laws from which they exempt themselves? If it's good enough for us, shouldn't it be good enough for our employees, i.e., Congress?
agreed

If your going to go that route how about changing the congress retirement plan to Social Security and there health coverage to medicare. that alone would save over a 100s of millions a year on the budget.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by scubatooth
agreed

if your going to go that route how about changing the congress retirement plan to social security and there health coverage to medicare. That alone would save over a 100s of millions a year on the budget.
oh h*ll yeah!!!!!!
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:25 pm

I thought that was part of the Contract for America, that congressional reps would henceforth be subject to what they subject others to. Another part just for show I suppose.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:44 pm

i WORK AT PDX AS A SUBCONTRACTOR, DELIVER LOST/DELAYED BAGS. nice partime job, i like people, provide a useful service, and love driving. As the TSA gets more and more gestapo like, less people fly. I remember when flying was REALLY fun, drinks, no goons feeling you up, a meal and friendly cabin folks. I would like to see this agency scrapped, and for each airline to use whatever private security they want to ensure safe flying. I guarantee the airline and travel industry would become immensly profitable once again, foriegn travelers would enjoy seeing our great country again, and flying could be fun instead of drudgery. I have written Maria Cantwell on the comitee tonite, and will call and call the other congress men and women during business hours. The low iq thugs at the checkpoints do not inspire the least bit of confidence. All theater at taxpayer expense. 4th amendment violation of unreasonable search.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:16 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
if you are in Minnesota or Utah

Securing Aircraft From Explosives Responsibly: Advanced Imaging Recognition Act of 2010’’ or ‘‘SAFER AIR Act of 2010’’

D-MN Amy Klobuchar 202-224-3244 (on the committee)
R-UT Bob Bennet 202-224-5444 (not on the committee but needs to know what people think of his reactionary legislation to the panty bomber)

These charming senators sponsored this lovely piece of legislation to make these required in all commercial airports. If you are a constituent, I'd make them very aware you are very unhappy.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Brian-AAFlyer
I played the "I have a daughter and this is sexual assault" card, legitimately as it turns out..
Be careful not to overemphasize children because there's another thread here that points to a Yahoo news article with a quote from DHS implying there have been some changes for children very recently. If that's correct, then that part of the message may produce an "easy out".
Old Nov 16, 2010, 4:09 am

I just emailed Claire McCaskill from MO but I don't think it will do any good. She's a hardcore libtard who loves big government, screw the little guy stuff like this. She doesn't care on iota about her constituents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.