Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

TSA's position on stainless steel Cock rings and Ball weights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2010, 8:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)

It has recently come to my attention that the wearing of stainless steel Cock rings and Ball weights while passing through a WTMD will result in the bearer being subjected to the newly approved pat down process. My question is whether or not a TSO, upon physically detecting the presence of said articles through the bearers clothing will require him to submit to a visual inspection of the same. Can a TSO shed some light on this rather weighty matter?
Old Nov 11, 2010, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
It has recently come to my attention that the wearing of stainless steel Cock rings and Ball weights while passing through a WTMD will result in the bearer being subjected to the newly approved pat down process. My question is whether or not a TSO, upon physically detecting the presence of said articles through the bearers clothing will require him to submit to a visual inspection of the same. Can a TSO shed some light on this rather weighty matter?
Assuming you're not being facetious.... I have a male friend who confirmed at one time that the wearing of a "chastity device," once discovered during a routine pat down, did require a visual inspection. This was pre-panty bomber, but post 9/11 ... probably closer to 4 or 5 years ago.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 9:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OffToOz
Assuming you're not being facetious.... I have a male friend who confirmed at one time that the wearing of a "chastity device," once discovered during a routine pat down, did require a visual inspection. This was pre-panty bomber, but post 9/11 ... probably closer to 4 or 5 years ago.
To clarify, I consider this to be a serious forum in which serious issues and hard hitting facts are discussed in a mature manner, so no, I'm not being facetious. Based on your friend's experience, I wonder if the wearing of the accoutrements described in the OP have a place in the security theatre civil awareness campaign that appears to be forming?
Old Nov 11, 2010, 9:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
To clarify, I consider this to be a serious forum in which serious issues and hard hitting facts are discussed in a mature manner, so no, I'm not being facetious. Based on your friend's experience, I wonder if the wearing of the accoutrements described in the OP have a place in the security theatre civil awareness campaign that appears to be forming?
Enjoy your "experiences" participating in the "security theatre civil awareness campaign that appears to be forming."

I will be breezing by rapidly to my flights and chuckling under my breath as you receive you special treatment.

Last edited by scoow; Nov 11, 2010 at 9:44 pm Reason: personal commentary
Old Nov 11, 2010, 9:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Enjoy your "experiences" participating in the "security theatre civil awareness campaign that appears to be forming."

I will be breezing by rapidly to my flights and chuckling under my breath as you receive you special treatment.

Don't worry, I'll still take a stand for your rights when they come to take you away to the gas chambers for no other reason than you had to take your meds just to get through the checkpoint

Last edited by scoow; Nov 11, 2010 at 9:44 pm Reason: personal commentary
Old Nov 11, 2010, 9:34 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Ask the woman they forced to remove her nipple rings with a pair of pliers, she'll tell you how it goes

google

tsa pliers rings

for thousands of hits about it, including quotes from the tsa saying their officers were right in forcing her to remove them.

I would go for plastic or rubber ones instead, you stand a better chance at getting through.

Though it would be funny, what's that? I get easily excited and don't want to make a mess in your hand when you check me out
Old Nov 11, 2010, 10:57 pm

To clarify, I consider this to be a serious forum in which serious issues and hard hitting facts are discussed in a mature manner, so no, I'm not being facetious.
I've seen enough of your posts to figure you were serious... it was just the "weighty matter" at the end that had me second guessing myself for a minute.

Based on your friend's experience, I wonder if the wearing of the accoutrements described in the OP have a place in the security theatre civil awareness campaign that appears to be forming?
Unfortunately, his response was to switch to a plastic device rather that risk setting off the WTMD again. I believe the standard TSA response would be to compare such items to belts and watches - "all metal must be removed before passing."

Along the same vein, have there been any reports of people wearing leather undergarments through the nude-o-scopes and what the outcome from that has been?
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by cordelli
you stand a better chance at getting through.
For some reason, I don't believe that's his goal.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by OffToOz
Along the same vein, have there been any reports of people wearing leather undergarments through the nude-o-scopes and what the outcome from that has been?
My understanding is the Nude-O-Scopes, for lack of a scientific/medical term, stop at "wet flesh". Dry leather jackets, pants, etc. do not obscure the wearer's body.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:21 pm

I have no idea why anyone would be going through security with one on in the first place, unless they have some paraphilia for getting caught. That, or you want to risk damaging your penis or testicles. Cock rings shouldn't be worn for any extended period of time, nor do I think you could manage wearing ball weights in a discreet manner.

As for the chastity issue, the CB-3000 has an option for plastic locks to help minimize WTMD detection. Should a pat-down be required, I would assume a visual inspection would take place, much like the case if a piercing is detected. The same would apply for said hypothetical cock ring.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by cordelli
Ask the woman they forced to remove her nipple rings with a pair of pliers, she'll tell you how it goes

google

tsa pliers rings

for thousands of hits about it, including quotes from the tsa saying their officers were right in forcing her to remove them.

I would go for plastic or rubber ones instead, you stand a better chance at getting through.

Though it would be funny, what's that? I get easily excited and don't want to make a mess in your hand when you check me out
New t-shirt idea:

TSA: I suffer from, and sometimes enjoy, male pe. Tread lightly.

The truly brave shall spell that out on a t-shirt.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by firequall
I have no idea why anyone would be going through security with one on in the first place, unless they have some paraphilia for getting caught. That, or you want to risk damaging your penis or testicles. Cock rings shouldn't be worn for any extended period of time, nor do I think you could manage wearing ball weights in a discreet manner.
But plenty of people, male and female, wear metal paraphernalia on their genitals, with or without piercings. I presume even a small earring-sized object would sound the alarm. I wonder how many of the people who say WBI is no big deal will change their tune when a TSO demands to see your c--- ring.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BearX220
But plenty of people, male and female, wear metal paraphernalia on their genitals, with or without piercings. I presume even a small earring-sized object would sound the alarm. I wonder how many of the people who say WBI is no big deal will change their tune when a TSO demands to see your c--- ring.
I've seen people with earrings not alarm the WTMD.

I think they would go unnoticed if on the ears so TSA must be discriminating against those who choose to wear their rings in locations other than ears.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
I've seen people with earrings not alarm the WTMD... I think they would go unnoticed if on the ears so TSA must be discriminating against those who choose to wear their rings in locations other than ears.
I wear a wedding ring I can't yank off. Same deal. Anything under clothing must excite special interest -- no pun intended.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
The TSA "position" is for a TSO to kneel down in front of the passenger and gently stroke his "sensitive" regions with the back of a gloved hand, and then proceed to stroke, poke and squeeze more intensely until the alarm is resolved.

Must make the TSO's proud to be on the front line of defense against terrorism. Is this included in the job description when they first apply?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.