Who or what agency oversees the TSA?

Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Who or what agency oversees the TSA?

While I fully intend to write to my congressman and the airlines (letters already drafted on my flight LOL), I would like to know who ultimately has control of the TSA. Who is allowing this madness to continue? Who gives their stamp of approval on this nonsense?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by TXagogo
While I fully intend to write to my congressman and the airlines (letters already drafted on my flight LOL), I would like to know who ultimately has control of the TSA. Who is allowing this madness to continue? Who gives their stamp of approval on this nonsense?
In theory, Congress and DHS oversee TSA.

In reality, no one does.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Superguy
In reality, no one does.
Beat me to it!
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Forgive my ignorance for this question as I am a scientist and not a scholar on governmental or legal topics:

Where do judges and the court system come into play here?
Where does legislation come into play here?
What needs to happen in order for someone with some power to finally put their foot down and say "This will end now"? And if that ever does happen, who gives the say so? The head of DHS? The President? A ruling by the supreme court?

My understanding is that the court would only get involved if/when it comes down to a lawsuit...is this correct?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.